Who's using a drone on s12?

lol I wish lol

I read that drug dealers are using them to find crops and then raiding the growers, even going as far as using thermal imaging cameras to detect the heat of the growers lamps.

I read that drug dealers are using them to find crops and then raiding the growers, even going as far as using thermal imaging cameras to detect the heat of the growers lamps.

I grow weeds not weed lol

Edited by esme
quote tags

Somebody with more money than sense?

? they can cost anything from about £10 to £1000

There's a few here, cheapest was £12 delivered, and is tiny, and the larger one I had (which the wind took, and it's gone, lost forever) cost about £80

looking at building one now, got some bits, just need to find/buy and build the rest! :)

? they can cost anything from about £10 to £1000

There's a few here, cheapest was £12 delivered, and is tiny, and the larger one I had (which the wind took, and it's gone, lost forever) cost about £80

looking at building one now, got some bits, just need to find/buy and build the rest! :)

hobbyking is best place as a starter if you want to build one on cheap

I notice Costco sell them.

Why does anyone want one? Is it to snoop on neighbours and be a general nuisance? Or are there legitimate purposes for its use - a bit like the Sheffield Police helicopter?

Why does anyone want one? Is it to snoop on neighbours and be a general nuisance? Or are there legitimate purposes for its use - a bit like the Sheffield Police helicopter?

For me its pure gadgetry, no other reason.

When our next door neighbour had a leak on the roof the builder produced one from a case. It was linked to his lap top. It went up took pictures of the roof and chimney. It was a great bit of kit. The work needed was highlighted on the pictures it printed and a quote given. Was quite quick and painless. Saved getting ladders out lol.

When our next door neighbour had a leak on the roof the builder produced one from a case. It was linked to his lap top. It went up took pictures of the roof and chimney. It was a great bit of kit. The work needed was highlighted on the pictures it printed and a quote given. Was quite quick and painless. Saved getting ladders out lol.

I hope you didnt throw stones at it.

Why would you have a remote control car, or boat? For fun. :thumbsup:

Why would you have a remote control car, or boat? For fun. :thumbsup:

Yes I understand that. As long as it doesn't bother other people then that's fine. But that's part of my concern...

I think there is potential for abuse and nuisance with these things, above and beyond other remote control things like cars, boats, aeroplanes.

Are there any regulations on their use? I can't say I've ever looked into it, but perhaps there should be?

thing to remember is first of all there not drones there quadcopters

the bigger size quads phantoms ect ect.. are mainly used for filming there not toys and can get expensive

the smaller type ones 130's 180's 250's 280's ect are race quads and people use them for racing not spying on people

smaller than a 130 size quad are jusy toys and cannot even fly that far at all and can be bought for 20 quid

also there are enough regulations in place right now obviously you are always going to get some people using them and flying them where there shouldnt be but thats same in lots of things just like kids riding motorbikes where they shouldnt ect...

Edited by grand

Yes I understand that. As long as it doesn't bother other people then that's fine. But that's part of my concern...

I think there is potential for abuse and nuisance with these things, above and beyond other remote control things like cars, boats, aeroplanes.

Are there any regulations on their use? I can't say I've ever looked into it, but perhaps there should be?

Yes, there are laws about you flying it close to residential buildings or groups of people "not under your control".

Personally I just fly it on my street or in a park when it's quiet. Not actually had one out for 6 months now.