Standard rate mobility PIP

The car can only be registered in the disabled persons name,not the nominated driver.My wife does not drive so i am one of her nominated drivers.she is now on her 4th car with the motobility scheme and all of them have had to be registered in her name.

Not according to the Gov. paper I've linked to in post No11 (above)

What this means (I think) is - A car on mobility will be regestered to the disabled person, but If your son/daughter anyone else wants to claim free road tax then they must be regestered as a nominated driver for/by the disabled person.

Edited by Itrytoplease

Two different issues here,if the car is from motobility it is registered to the person who is claiming dla/pip.

If the person receiving dla/pip does not have a car from motobility then they can nominate someone as there driver and that person can claim free road tax,

but you cannot have both,only one car is eligible for free road tax.

Two different issues here,if the car is from motobility it is registered to the person who is claiming dla/pip.

If the person receiving dla/pip does not have a car from motobility then they can nominate someone as there driver and that person can claim free road tax,

but you cannot have both,only one car is eligible for free road tax.

This is why the REG. say - "The vehicle must be registered in the disabled person’s name or their nominated driver’s name". I never said or implied you could have two cars.

Are you saying that a car supplied by motobility can be registered in the nominated drivers name?

Are you saying that a car supplied by motobility can be registered in the nominated drivers name?

No, the person who pays for the car ( the disabled person,) must register the car in their name, this is a three year contract with Mobility and as such the car is rented to the disabled person, a named driver can drive the car, and is insured under the scheme (if Mobility except that driver)

I have been on enhanced rate for almost a year but I really have problems even with short distances no one has mentioned blue badge to me but I would like to apply for one who do I have to see is it g.p. Or council or who?can someone fill me in on what to do please...

You can apply at council offices,you need to take your latest letter from dwp to prove you are getting dla/pip,a proof of identity, a passport size photo and it will cost you £10.

I have been on enhanced rate for almost a year but I really have problems even with short distances no one has mentioned blue badge to me but I would like to apply for one who do I have to see is it g.p. Or council or who?can someone fill me in on what to do please...

If you are in receipt of the enhanced rate of PIP you qualify automatically for a blue badge.

Please don't make the trek into any council office as the badge application and printing is now handled centrally and badges are posted out to badge holders.

You can apply online here:

https://www.gov.uk/apply-blue-badge

You will need your national insurance number, details of your receipt of benefits and a current passport photograph, which I believe you can now scan and send in electronically (my badge has been a few years and I had to post it in, but I think a friend scanned hers).

Your badge will then be mailed to you. Please read the book carefully because there are LOADS of ways to still get parking tickets by not doing so.

You can still apply at your local council office,not everyone wants to do it on line.My wife has had a blue badge for the past 12 years,her latest one ran out 2 weeks ago,we have a council office within the library in dinnington and we went in there and renewed it.It is then posted out to you.

Edited by jackanne
add information

Thankyou Medusa&jackanne not good with computers so have decided next good day to apply in person would it be Howden House in sheffield?

We come under rotherham council and can renew blue badge at local council offices as well as head office,so i don't know if this applies to sheffield as well.

Make sure that the letter from dwp confirming that you are receiving benefit is for the current year,if you have not got one you can phone dwp for a copy.

If you are in receipt of the enhanced rate of PIP you qualify automatically for a blue badge.

Please don't make the trek into any council office as the badge application and printing is now handled centrally and badges are posted out to badge holders.

You can apply online here:

https://www.gov.uk/apply-blue-badge

You will need your national insurance number, details of your receipt of benefits and a current passport photograph, which I believe you can now scan and send in electronically (my badge has been a few years and I had to post it in, but I think a friend scanned hers).

Your badge will then be mailed to you. Please read the book carefully because there are LOADS of ways to still get parking tickets by not doing so.

There have been fairly recent changes to blue badge eligibility.

You can get enhanced mobility rate through 1) planning a journey, which may involve mental capacity, or 2) moving about, which is more about how far you can or cannot walk.

Only those who get enhanced mobility rate through 2 will automatically qualify for a blue badge. If you have enhanced mobility rate through 1 you will need to ask the council to be considered as a discretionary case.

This has caused a fair amount of confusion and upset amongst parent carers, some of whom have lost their blue badges.