'Boro vs Blades 12/08/17

We had 2 good penalty shouts ruled out today, do yourselves a favour and get on with it, welcome to the championship!

Actually it was number 5, https://twitter.com/realbobmortimer/status/896441496345432070

Although clip on sky showed the fella in the foreground offside first

---------- Post added 12-08-2017 at 19:46 ----------

Take the rose tinted glasses off Chalga, you deserved nothing from the game anyway. Only had about 20 touches. Move on to the next

I'm not bothered about losing,but I am bothered about losing to incompetent officials.Football isn't decided on touches,it's decided on goals.

We had 2 good penalty shouts ruled out today, do yourselves a favour and get on with it, welcome to the championship!

Thanks, very happy we've got 3 points out of the first two games.

Well that was hard work ye put us under pressure near the end Radio Tees said your goal was a own goal and should have stood..

Roll on the next games

Best wishes for the coming season guys..

Overall we were second best, so we take it on the chin. But there was definitely positives to take out the game against a team who should be challenging for the title.

Just confirmed offside, was a good call. Wasn't number 5

Don't think you can grumble, they should have have killed the game off earlier. It's not one you were expected to win, so move on to the next.

Who just confirmed the offside was a good call?

Because I just took a picture of sky trying to claim it was a good call, but showing 2 different still images and claiming it to be the same image at a different angle, showing him offside.

The decision is shocking, no matter whether he gave the decision against JOC or Basham, because JOC was not offside and Basham was not interfering with play.

I can get over a bad decision, but I can not get over sky claiming it to be a good decision when it was not and trying to dupe fans.

Also, missed a clear penalty to us for amassive tug on Clarke.

As for the other offside that was given even though he was 5 yards onside, that we absolutely mental.

Anyway, we didn't get the rub of the green with decisions, but we can take many positives from the game as I said. The only goal conceded was from sloppy defending and poor placement from the keeper.

We move on and look to rack up more points.

welcome to the championship.what a load of c//p.I thought refs and linesmen got better the higher you went up the leagues . Two matches two goals ruled out for off side both wrong .

Looking back on the game today, boro was the best team by far men v boys

United need, must get a couple of good quality players in and spend some money fact no good bringing lower division players in and I know this keeper we have got from Chelsea is no good whatsoever now after 2 games , with him in net we have got problems he can't even kick the ball ,no talking to defence

Bad mistake today way off his line for the goal he was in no mans land hope Simon gets back asap different class all in all bad day in my opinion hope we can regroup, as we have a hard game again at Cardiff tues :gag:can't see us getting anything there can only hope

Who just confirmed the offside was a good call?

Because I just took a picture of sky trying to claim it was a good call, but showing 2 different still images and claiming it to be the same image at a different angle, showing him offside.

I assume that you are referring to this split screen image?

https://www.s24su.com/forum/proxy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FPnMgHl2.jpg&hash=5eb5d03bc5baa32b01c175c884ce0c1a

Sorry doesn't seem to work for some reason although I emailed it earlier and it was fine

They are claiming that both images are simultaneous from slightly different angles but that is complete nonsense.

The image on the left shows Duffy striking the ball and the darker shirted United players clearly onside.

The picture on the right is a split second later. The highlighted players - and others - are in different positions.

Add in that the goal was actually an own goal, no United player touched it and no Middlesbrough player appealed and there was no reason to disallow it.

What I don't get is why are Sky bothering with this nonsense?

Bad decisions happen, and every team will experience them during the season.

The Linesman/Referees assistant made a bad call.

Admittedly it was a very bad one but it happens, nobody died, why not just admit the fact and get on with it?

Attempting to cover it up just encourages conspiracy theories and bad feeling when a " sorry about that mistakes happen " would be sufficient.

Edited by Carlinate

Well Wilder is certainly not happpy with the decision and he is absolutely spot on.

Tonights game underlined one of the concerns I had about the step up to the Championship,the physical side of the game,and the possibility that we would be found out by teams with big physical players who would overpower us.

Middlesboro smothered us,pressed us everywhere,turned over possession from us to them dozens of times before we could get anywhere near being a danger to them most of the time.They also picked up a lot more of the second balls than us.

To our credit,we still tried to play our football and not hoof it forward to break their press,but they overpowered us most of the time,and also we haven't the pace to move the ball fast enough to get away from them.Other teams will already be noting this and making plans accordingly,and there are plenty of teams in the same mould in this league.

I really think we need to cash in on our home games this season,away is going to be like we saw tonight,a battle to stay in the game,a physical battle that the better teams will try to win against us first,and then win the football side of it when they've put that marker down.We saw how we were in the game in the first 20 minutes until they saw what our game was and they just shut the door with as much muscle as they could,and they knew they could do it and it was the key,the fact that they only just got over the line is more credit to us.

Edited by chalga

I assume that you are referring to this split screen image?

https://www.s24su.com/forum/proxy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FPnMgHl2.jpg&hash=5eb5d03bc5baa32b01c175c884ce0c1a

Sorry doesn't seem to work for some reason although I emailed it earlier and it was fine

They are claiming that both images are simultaneous from slightly different angles but that is complete nonsense.

The image on the left shows Duffy striking the ball and the darker shirted United players clearly onside.

The picture on the right is a split second later. The highlighted players - and others - are in different positions.

Add in that the goal was actually an own goal, no United player touched it and no Middlesbrough player appealed and there was no reason to disallow it.

What I don't get is why are Sky bothering with this nonsense?

Bad decisions happen, and every team will experience them during the season.

The Linesman/Referees assistant made a bad call.

Admittedly it was a very bad one but it happens, nobody died, why not just admit the fact and get on with it?

Attempting to cover it up just encourages conspiracy theories and bad feeling when a " sorry about that mistakes happen " would be sufficient.

It was never a free kick in the first place but for some reason nobody's questioning that decision. :)

soft freekick , but id say it was a goal . saying that Boro looked the better side .

It was never a free kick in the first place but for some reason nobody's questioning that decision. :)

It looked to me that he made a meal out of the challenge and there was minimal contact.