Price of Sheffield Star!!

Food critic. Biggest non-job in the history of the world.

Ha Ha whys that then??

i havent bought the Sheffield Star for a while and i thought i would buy one to have a read of whilst having a couple of pints on my way home from work!, i used to enjoy reading martin dawes food reviews on a wednesday so i thought why not! well Martin Dawes doesnt write any more and the person whose taken his place is about as interesting as watching paint dry!!

But the Price 75p!!!are they kidding??? less than 20 pages i think and it took 2 mins to read what a waste, if that the best they can do i would give up:mad:

Mr Dawes reviews were very good and reliable the current ones are just fluff with no really critical ones.

Bad news fellow forum members, The Star will rise in price by 5p from Monday to 70p.

Are daily papers (either local or national) even worth half this price these days ?

I never buy this Sheffield Wednesday rag hated this crap since save our owls . garbage paper only fit for bog roll !

---------- Post added 11-08-2017 at 22:50 ----------

Bad news fellow forum members, The Star will rise in price by 5p from Monday to 70p.

Are daily papers (either local or national) even worth half this price these days ?

I never buy this Sheffield Wednesday rag hated this crap since save our owls . garbage paper only fit for bog roll ! up the mighty BLADES who do not need the support of a BIASED rag

Guest makapaka
I never buy this Sheffield Wednesday rag hated this crap since save our owls . garbage paper only fit for bog roll !

---------- Post added 11-08-2017 at 22:50 ----------

I never buy this Sheffield Wednesday rag hated this crap since save our owls . garbage paper only fit for bog roll ! up the mighty BLADES who do not need the support of a BIASED rag

Bit weird how you think a campaign in the 1970's is reflective of a newspaper in 2017 but that's up to you.

the star helps many community events and helps many local people and why not have it delivered direct its only 50p a night that way,ring them and save cash.

the star helps many community events and helps many local people and why not have it delivered direct its only 50p a night that way,ring them and save cash.

When I was young everyone had The Star delivered, but the Internet eventually killed it off.

I wouldn't pay 5p, absolute rubbish

Ha Ha whys that then??

Well critics in general actually; it would take a special kind of idiot to decide not to eat something, watch a particular film or listen to an album of music because someone else has tasted, watched and listened for you and decided that in they're rubbish.

Well critics in general actually; it would take a special kind of idiot to decide not to eat something, watch a particular film or listen to an album of music because someone else has tasted, watched and listened for you and decided that in they're rubbish.

not at all! if thats what you think critics are for? critics are nothing more than entertainment which give an overview of a place or show, most make their own minds up but sometimes its helpful to get someone elses view. all i was saying is a food critic can be very entertaining as Martin Dawes was and is ! same goes for AA Gill who has sadly passed away.