Disability Hate Crime

What should the decision on a hate Crime be?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. What should the decision on a hate Crime be?

Go onto South Yorkshire Police read the definition of Hate Crime. Would you think that A crime against a 4 yr old Autistic Child should me an incident or a crime when the family are targeted by a neighbour.

What was the alleged crime? It completely depends upon whether or nor the law was actually broken, as stated on the website you referred to.

Edited by Guest

Its impossible to vote without further details of what happened. Are you able to give us any more information? Any kind of incident/ crime against a 4 year old child is awful and should be investigated thoroughly by the police if necessary

I'm sorry to say your poll doesn't make much sense. A crime is a crime, it can't be anything else. You have already declared this occurrence to be a crime (and I will take your word for it) therefore you have answered your own question.

It will be for the police to decide whether or not a crime has taken place before there can be a prosecution.

However, if you disagree with their decision you can take it further. I would suggest consulting the CAB or a solicitor in the first instance.

The hole thing started as intimidation to the whole family at which 56 reports were sent to the housing association and the police before the neighbours on purpose started making loud noises playing loud music upsetting the 4 year old Autistic child. The second Time the police questioned the lady(in a loose term) to which she admitted that all the noise shouting and banging was to upset the Autistic Child. The police were told this by her and were not officially reported by the police to the Police. The attacks on the Mobility vehicle( belonging to the 8yr old but used by both) was twice by Youth unknown recorded on video and identified when the house was attacked the night before them going to court the first time which was again identified on CCTV. Mobility car having to be parked some miles away now for safety

Good evening, I would say (without any legal knowledge, just my opinion), that the loud noise is an incident and damaging the car is a crime. Sound like a terrible situation to be in, I hope it gets resolved quickly. No one should have to live with that kind of thing whether the child is autistic or not.