Moving back to sheffield - where not to move to

There are quite often signs.

---------- Post added 10-08-2017 at 21:17 ----------

Says it's an electoral ward of Sheffield, presumably the OP meant the city of Sheffield though, not the electoral ward! :confused:

Should we then consider Halway, Killamarsh, Wales, Kiveton, Todwick, Anston and Dinnington to be part of the city?

How do you draw the line between part of the city and a village outside the city?

dunno about halfway and killamarsh but the others are all rovrem, i lived at woodhouse just up from woodhouse mill, which was the rov rem border, all the others were after there, if i remember right, even in the 80s, the main road to swallownest was the border and river rother was the border, left side (treeton, sewage works etc was rov rem) right side (woodhouse mill, road up to Woodhouse, princess royal, the road leading to Beighton was Sheffield)

---------- Post added 10-08-2017 at 22:09 ----------

couldnt get that link to work Oo

Edited by melthebell

main bit

Name: Beighton, Sheffield

Place type: Suburban Area

Location: Grid Ref: SK 4430 8370 • X/Y co-ords: 444303, 383706 • Lat/Long: 53.3484,-1.33597238

District: Sheffield

Region: Yorkshire and the Humber

Height: 37.5m

OS Explorer map: 278: Sheffield & Barnsley

After reading all these posts I'd say avoid Sheffield altogether.

Good and bad wherever you live.

There are quite often signs.

---------- Post added 10-08-2017 at 21:17 ----------

Says it's an electoral ward of Sheffield, presumably the OP meant the city of Sheffield though, not the electoral ward! :confused:

Should we then consider Halway, Killamarsh, Wales, Kiveton, Todwick, Anston and Dinnington to be part of the city?

How do you draw the line between part of the city and a village outside the city?

Driving into Halfway/Mosborough from Eckington, there are clear signs saying "City of Sheffield". Beighton is, also, definitely in Sheffield.

Killamarsh is in Derbyshire.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Sheffield+District/@53.3882699,-1.4496384,11z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x48797f136cffde35:0x40cf99eed6ce2a0!8m2!3d53.4021037!4d-1.5550512?hl=en

Edited by Revel

Kelham Island is reckoned to be one of the most desirable places in Britain to live . New apartments all over that area .

Christ ... who fed you that information?

Driving into Halfway/Mosborough from Eckington, there are clear signs saying "City of Sheffield". Beighton is, also, definitely in Sheffield.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Sheffield+District/@53.3882699,-1.4496384,11z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x48797f136cffde35:0x40cf99eed6ce2a0!8m2!3d53.4021037!4d-1.5550512?hl=en

Anything south of Intake's Derbyshire imo.

Fine, next time you say you'll meet someone in Sheffield, you go to Halfway and see if they can find you.

---------- Post added 11-08-2017 at 07:23 ----------

dunno about halfway and killamarsh but the others are all rovrem, i lived at woodhouse just up from woodhouse mill, which was the rov rem border, all the others were after there, if i remember right, even in the 80s, the main road to swallownest was the border and river rother was the border, left side (treeton, sewage works etc was rov rem) right side (woodhouse mill, road up to Woodhouse, princess royal, the road leading to Beighton was Sheffield)

They're clearly not part of rotherham, but are each individual villages, with names and spaces between them.

---------- Post added 11-08-2017 at 07:24 ----------

Hi guys,

im moving back to sheffield after 10 years of moving away and as you all know places change from good to bad and so on.....

Im looking to do a council exchange but not sure where is the best places to move to.

The last thimk i want to do is make the big mistake and regret the move.

Can you tell me which are the best places to move to and which areas to stay clear of please.

Thank alot for your help :-)

Did you want to live in the city centre, a suburb, a village, or something that is like a village, but which is apparently somehow part of "the city" despite being 10 miles from the city centre down dual carriageways?

Thanks all for you fab advise.

After a long think about things i think i going to stick to the s20 area of sheffield.

I lived in beighton 17 years ago and i always loved it there, never had any problems, the people was all lovely and its close to crystal peaks ect.

Just need someone to want to move over here now, just hope its not going to be too long, been away far too long.

Fine, next time you say you'll meet someone in Sheffield, you go to Halfway and see if they can find you.

They're clearly not part of rotherham, but are each individual villages, with names and spaces between them.

Did you want to live in the city centre, a suburb, a village, or something that is like a village, but which is apparently somehow part of "the city" despite being 10 miles from the city centre down dual carriageways?[/QUOT

are you ever correct

Halfway (grid reference SK432809) lies in the extreme southeast of Sheffield at the end of a Sheffield Supertram line. Halfway is part of the historic county of Derbyshire but has been administered by Sheffield since boundary changes in 1967.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mosborough_(ward)#Halfway

Did you want to live in the city centre, a suburb, a village, or something that is like a village, but which is apparently somehow part of "the city" despite being 10 miles from the city centre down dual carriageways?

Your argument about whether an area is or isn't in a city based on saying to someone you'll see them in Sheffield is bizarre. If someone said to me I'll see you in Sheffield I might be a bit inclined to ask where as it's a bit hit and miss otherwise...

Officially Halfway most definitely is in Sheffield metropolitan area, Aston and the like are in Rotherham metropolitan area. Halfway residents pay their council tax to Sheffield and Aston to Rotherham. Your council tax invoice also contains information bearing to which area you are in including local parish area.

If someone said to me they were looking to move back to Sheffield and wanted to know about areas I'd most definitely include Halfway and Beighton in my advice, same as Oughtibridge!

Anything south of Intake's Derbyshire imo.

Manchester is in Merseyside imo.

---------- Post added 11-08-2017 at 14:42 ----------

That's like saying Crystal Peaks isn't in Sheffield...