Moving back to sheffield - where not to move to

Mosborough area , woodhouse , all of south east of sheffield.

Alot seem to be moving from Town/Central-ish area of Sheffield due to ever increasing rents/house prices, to places such as Chapeltown Thorpe Hesley High Green Ecclesfield Stocksbridge ..and many who are originally from there are moving for the same reasons to nearby areas in Barnsley or Rotherham..

Maybe Barnsley is a cheaper option ;)

What's up with the Mosborough area ?

If it is not between Holme Lane and (probably) Abbeydale Road look somewhere else - personally I would only look at S10, some of S6 and some of S11.

avoid most council estates except wisewood,lodgemoor and stocksbridge.

Avoid them too.

Mosborough area , woodhouse , all of south east of sheffield.

Alot seem to be moving from Town/Central-ish area of Sheffield due to ever increasing rents/house prices, to places such as Chapeltown Thorpe Hesley High Green Ecclesfield Stocksbridge ..and many who are originally from there are moving for the same reasons to nearby areas in Barnsley or Rotherham..

Maybe Barnsley is a cheaper option ;)

Terrible advice. Nothing wrong with the South East or Mosborough.

Can only go by personal experience, so recommend a move to Burngreave... 30+ years and counting, very happy. Grew up here (well got older) and all being well, will grow old here.

Never had any real problems, certainly nothing that wont happen in any big city.

Nice neighbours, mixed street (some old, some young, some loud, some very loud)... good facilities, buses, shops, Tesco size of a small village!!... nice library, good doctors, excellent dentist, goodish schools (and soon will have brand new multimillion pound school opening that there Building now).

Houses are big, good mix of houses, flats etc.

Some will knock the area, but honestly, I think it's fab!!

It's hard to tell where these areas start and end. So I'd just avoid North, East, and S2 in the South (unfortunately where I live).

You've ruled out Grenoside, Wadsley, Hillsborough, Walkley, Stannington, all of S6 and S10... Simply because you don't know where areas start and end. :roll:

What do you all think to Arbourthorne? Near the fish ponds (new builds)

Is this area got any better or worse?

Guest busdriver1
Avoid most parts of Broomhall.

Completely agree with that.

I am sec of a big tenants association and chancet wood is quite not even a shop,greenhill village is nice,fraiser estate woodseats,bradway a few flats,meadowhead and I live at lowedges and although not perfect a lot better than 10 years ago,avoid gleadless valley I am told and parsons cross ect

I am sec of a big tenants association and chancet wood is quite not even a shop,greenhill village is nice,fraiser estate woodseats,bradway a few flats,meadowhead and I live at lowedges and although not perfect a lot better than 10 years ago,avoid gleadless valley I am told and parsons cross ect

As sec. of a big tenants association let's hope you don't write the minutes. The place names (Nouns) should start with uppercase (Capitals) letters, spelling not so hot either.

Anywhere near that end of town is decent yes.