R.I.P Glen Campbell

Not just a great singer but a brilliant session musician as well!

Yes indeed ,he played on loads of hit records for other artists before he ever cut a solo record.

---------- Post added 09-08-2017 at 10:22 ----------

He could play alright. RIP

Yes, Glen could show some of the so called "guitar heroes" a thing or two, eh?

Whenever the Gaviscon advert comes on I think of his song... Gaviscon, oh Gaviscon etc.

Lol...I'm a bit like that with his songs.......the one about a dodgy builder in a Crookes pub, "Grindstone Cowboy" and the one about a football official at Meadow Lane, "I am a linesman for Notts County"....

'By the Time I get to Phoenix' was a good one.

Been playing a few of Clen Cambell's recoreds on radio today,

another good country and western singer.

Lol...I'm a bit like that with his songs.......the one about a dodgy builder in a Crookes pub, "Grindstone Cowboy" and the one about a football official at Meadow Lane, "I am a linesman for Notts County"....

Don't forget the nine stone cowboy...:cool:

Don't forget the nine stone cowboy...:cool:

Was that "Little Joe" on Bonanza ;)

BBC Four are showing Glen Campbell tribute programmes just now- The Rhinestone Cowboy with interviews etc, followed by An Evening with Glenn Campbell.

Rest in Peace Glen.

For me and my mates, The Sheaf on Fraser Rd Woodseats was the pub to visit on a Saturday night in 69.

Wichita Lineman was a big favourite on the jukebox that year!

Adios

According to the Nashville Tennessean newspaper, a look at court documents for singer/guarist Glen Campbell's will reveal a deliberate omission of 3 of his 8 children(to his second wife) from any benefits of his estate. Wonder what that was all about, it has nothing to do with his Alzeimers diagnosis as the filing was done in 2006 and his diagnosis was not for another 5 years(2011). He was married 4 times and had kids with all 4 wives. Must have been some major falling out, I guess.

....very few guitarist singers today can match Glen Campbells musical talent although through modern tech recording it seems as though you can!