Performance or Wins

Attacking football -with the players owls have got Wins every time .

I thought that during the break, Carlos and the coaches would have reassessed our strategies and tactics. I remember when we went 1-0 down to Derby near the end of last season. We nearly went 2 down, then we started playing. Every pass was a forward one, an incisive one, a telling one, and we pulled back to one all. At the restart, we went at them again straight away, and within a few minutes were 2-1 up. 'That's better! I thought. Now go on and get 4 or 5'

But no. Tippy tappy, tippy tappy. I decided I'd had enough at that moment. Nothing has encouraged me to change my mind since. Wrong selections, wrong attitudes, wrong tactics.

We HAVE to go at teams this season. If we do, there'll be no complaints from the fans I'm sure.

I'm afraid we've got to suffer a good few Wednesday nil score lines again this season. Starting with QPR this weekend I suspect.

We're much better than a 'nil' or 'one' team, that's for sure.

We just need the chains taking off, when Carlos can find the key!!!

I thought that during the break, Carlos and the coaches would have reassessed our strategies and tactics. I remember when we went 1-0 down to Derby near the end of last season. We nearly went 2 down, then we started playing. Every pass was a forward one, an incisive one, a telling one, and we pulled back to one all. At the restart, we went at them again straight away, and within a few minutes were 2-1 up. 'That's better! I thought. Now go on and get 4 or 5'

But no. Tippy tappy, tippy tappy. I decided I'd had enough at that moment. Nothing has encouraged me to change my mind since. Wrong selections, wrong attitudes, wrong tactics.

We HAVE to go at teams this season. If we do, there'll be no complaints from the fans I'm sure.

I'm afraid we've got to suffer a good few Wednesday nil score lines again this season. Starting with QPR this weekend I suspect.

We're much better than a 'nil' or 'one' team, that's for sure.

We just need the chains taking off, when Carlos can find the key!!!

We actually won the Derby game 2-1!!! If we'd gone all out attack Derby could have quite easily got back into it as they ended the first half very well. Bizarre post.

Thanks!

Bizarre team.

The thread is asking a question.

I, like many others, want both.

I'll just browse some of your posts and see if there's summat I don't agree with.

I thought my opinion counted.

I'll get back in my box.

I won't watch dross.

Thanks!

Bizarre team.

The thread is asking a question.

I, like many others, want both.

I'll just browse some of your posts and see if there's summat I don't agree with.

I thought my opinion counted.

I'll get back in my box.

I won't watch dross.

As Wednesdayites we've seen enough dross over the years..!!

All we want is a winning team and if that comes with stylish free flowing football fantastic...

Unfortunately Carlos is in a no-win(excuse the pun) situation....free flowing football and lose...the fans are on his back....dour,hard to beat but winning games...the fans are on his back....

I want to see my team win every time.....if that's at the expense of a decent performance so-be-it...

As Wednesdayites we've seen enough dross over the years..!!

All we want is a winning team and if that comes with stylish free flowing football fantastic...

Unfortunately Carlos is in a no-win(excuse the pun) situation....free flowing football and lose...the fans are on his back....dour,hard to beat but winning games...the fans are on his back....

I want to see my team win every time.....if that's at the expense of a decent performance so-be-it...

I would rather see us lose than see a match devoid of entertainment along with negative play in your own half football.

Many times last season Wednesday spent most of the games camped in their own half. It is negative and crap to watch.

I would rather see us lose than see a match devoid of entertainment along with negative play in your own half football.

Many times last season Wednesday spent most of the games camped in their own half. It is negative and crap to watch.

I respect your opinion.....but you'd rather see us lose...?...give over..games are there to be won and we've done that more often than not over the last two seasons..its not perfect by any means,but i'd sooner watch a winning team than one that plays great and loses every week...

I respect your opinion.....but you'd rather see us lose...?...give over..games are there to be won and we've done that more often than not over the last two seasons..its not perfect by any means,but i'd sooner watch a winning team than one that plays great and loses every week...

Your logic is flawed.

If you play great, you don't lose every week.

Your logic is flawed.

Arsenal - great football but not often they win anything these days, most teams that have been promoted from the Championship have done both 'Boro, Hull, Burnley and Huddersfield were largely negative in their promotion seasons, team are aware of what they can do and shut up shop.

Your logic is flawed.

My response was in context of Samssong's post...not meant in a literal way..

We had a poor start last season and fans were saying we'd been found out, he then changes tactics to a more measured approach to draw the opposition out and whilst not pretty it worked as we garnered more points. The performances against Huddersfield in the league, Newcastle, Norwich, Beighton away and the six on the bounce at the end of the season were not to be sniffed at.

Beighton???

I like to see artistry whilst watching a game, I'm expecting to see this at Hillsborough over the next few games