Performance or Wins

You need a combo of both, stylish wins and occasionally having to knuckle down and grind something out, 3 points the most important.

The question we should be asking ourselves is. "Are we expecting to much". We have a chairman who is not affraid to dig deep, and we have a manager who came to the club as a virtual unknown who in the two seasons he,s been here has taken us twice into the top six and play-offs, and we want more. It,s human nature. This is very early days and everyone wants to get of to a flier, or win your first game. This could all change by the end of the month, we could be up there again, but one thing for certain is DC will know when its time to pull the trigger. Let,s get behind them and hopefully all will be right. If it doesn,t then know doubt the vultures will be circling ready for a meal. W.A.W.A.W

You need a combo of both, stylish wins and occasionally having to knuckle down and grind something out, 3 points the most important.

This is true.Not many teams are able to play stylish attacking football away from home, they tend to try and grind the result out.

At home though you want your team to take the game to the opposition, if they don't it makes for one boring game of football.(Blades under Adkins, Owls last season under Carlos?)

The question we should be asking ourselves is. "Are we expecting to much". We have a chairman who is not affraid to dig deep, and we have a manager who came to the club as a virtual unknown who in the two seasons he,s been here has taken us twice into the top six and play-offs, and we want more. It,s human nature. This is very early days and everyone wants to get of to a flier, or win your first game. This could all change by the end of the month, we could be up there again, but one thing for certain is DC will know when its time to pull the trigger. Let,s get behind them and hopefully all will be right. If it doesn,t then know doubt the vultures will be circling ready for a meal. W.A.W.A.W

Very good post Alan, we've gone through years of rubbish with the odd bright spot and now fans are behaving like spoilt brats after one loss.

I agree but how many stylish wins did we get last year? I don't like getting on a managers back as compared to the dross we had to put up with in the past we are in a much better place however the way we are playing reminds me of how we were playing before he came in under Gray and he had next to nothing to spend.

Of course we have fickle fans like any club but I don't think you can blame fans questioning if Carlos is up to the task

I agree but how many stylish wins did we get last year? I don't like getting on a managers back as compared to the dross we had to put up with in the past we are in a much better place however the way we are playing reminds me of how we were playing before he came in under Gray and he had next to nothing to spend.

Of course we have fickle fans like any club but I don't think you can blame fans questioning if Carlos is up to the task

We had a poor start last season and fans were saying we'd been found out, he then changes tactics to a more measured approach to draw the opposition out and whilst not pretty it worked as we garnered more points. The performances against Huddersfield in the league, Newcastle, Norwich, Beighton away and the six on the bounce at the end of the season were not to be sniffed at.

Very good post Alan, we've gone through years of rubbish with the odd bright spot and now fans are behaving like spoilt brats after one loss.

It is not one loss, take the play offs , against Hudders away one attempt on goal in fact we did not even try to get out of our own half .

Then at home a similar situation instead of concentrating on winning the match we were more interested in not losing it.

The out come we actually scored both goals one for them and one for us.

Hudders got promoted without scoring in open play.

This trend continued in the friendly against Rangers and according to those who went to Preston on Saturday exactly the same negativity .

Spoilt brats count me in:help:

We'll see tops but any fan that criticizes the strikers for not scoring needs to look at the tactics instead because at the moment Rhodes is wasted

It is not one loss, take the play offs , against Hudders away one attempt on goal in fact we did not even try to get out of our own half .

Then at home a similar situation instead of concentrating on winning the match we were more interested in not losing it.

The out come we actually scored both goals one for them and one for us.

Hudders got promoted without scoring in open play.

This trend continued in the friendly against Rangers and according to those who went to Preston on Saturday exactly the same negativity .

Spoilt brats count me in:help:

We played pretty well in the 2nd leg against Huddersfield, ran out of steam towards the end, please don't count friendlies as any barometer of success/failure.

If you dangle some string in front of a domesticated cat, then the domesticated cat will attack the string

If you dangle some string in front of a lion, then the lion will attack the person who is holding the string

Wednesday have to decide if they are domesticated cats, or lions

You either attack the ball, or you attack the player who is controlling the ball

Ultimately it is 3 points that matter.

But with good performances will come the points.

If you're not winning and the performances are terrible, then you have a serious problem.

As for the Owls, I feel you can get a better manager, but he has shown that he can get you in the play offs twice, you also have a good team.

1 result does not change this.

they will be okay I hope for the chesterfield game