R.i.p Hywel Bennett

Ditto. Wasn't it on late at night on ITV?

I think it was on late, deffo ITV too, it was truly awful.

He was in "The Quest"films which also featured David Jason and Roy Hudd.The films were about three teenagers going on bike rides in the 60s, and featured some good music and nostalgic bikes.

What were "The Quest" films? I don't remember them at all?

What were "The Quest" films? I don't remember them at all?

They were 3 films which were directed by David Jason and starred David,Roy Hudd and Hywell Bennet as three old codgers who accidently met up and reminisced about their motorbike rides when they were teenagers.There was,of course,a load of flashbacks and the teenagers were played by younger actors.They were really pleasant to watch with good music from the 60s."The 1st Quest" and" The second quest" are on you tube but i have not as yet managed to find "The third quest".

for some unknown reason I thought he died over 30 years ago :confused:

They were 3 films which were directed by David Jason and starred David,Roy Hudd and Hywell Bennet as three old codgers who accidently met up and reminisced about their motorbike rides when they were teenagers.There was,of course,a load of flashbacks and the teenagers were played by younger actors.They were really pleasant to watch with good music from the 60s."The 1st Quest" and" The second quest" are on you tube but i have not as yet managed to find "The third quest".

Wow. I had completely forgotten about this. Just remembered seeing this on tv some years ago.

somewhat surprisingly he turned up, and in one of the most significant roles, in Le Carre's Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy and delivered an excellent performance. He looked good in a phenomenal cast as full of truly first-class heavyweight actors as any that have ever played. So he wasn't just this rather lightweight leading man that he is usually remembered as. Like quite a lot of actors that concentrated on comic roles, he could have been an excellent straight actor had things worked out differently.

First time I saw him was in a film called The Family Way. Enjoyed the film to

R.i.p

That was a good film.