AK47 £5 note with low serial number

Just got a AK47 006540 £5 note does anyone know if it's worth anything cheers

Worth about a fiver I'd say.

I don’t know though just been looking it up there seems to be a lot of notes starting with AK47 selling on ebay at silly prices is there some significance with the prefix AK47, apart from it’s a reference to a weapon, and not other prefixes I would have thought AA01 would be more valuble.

Just got a AK47 006540 £5 note does anyone know if it's worth anything cheers

£4.99 with commision off:hihi::hihi: i have one with different numbers for a tenner if you that gullible ??:thumbsup:

I don’t know though just been looking it up there seems to be a lot of notes starting with AK47 selling on ebay at silly prices is there some significance with the prefix AK47, apart from it’s a reference to a weapon, and not other prefixes I would have thought AA01 would be more valuble.

Don't confuse people trying to sell £5 notes for silly prices with people actually buying them for those prices.

Put the auction on the eBay. I believe there are enough people who will go crazy for this "AK 47" kalashnikov reference.

Put the auction on the eBay. I believe there are enough people who will go crazy for this "AK 47" kalashnikov reference.

There might have been when they first came out but the AK47 notes are too common now. From the brief look I had on eBay only one had a bid on it - for 99p.

I've got AA100 an AA12 and an AA 14

I read sequences are worth something so I'm holding on to them

gerrum spent..

For their value over previous weeks, just look at the sold listings on ebay.

They will be worth 14 quid by the end of the year:D

Don't confuse people trying to sell £5 notes for silly prices with people actually buying them for those prices.

Nobody is trying to confuse any one I am mealy staying that on a collecting basis the lower the number and the earlier the prefix is more collectable as with anything including Stamps and Coins, anything is only worth what some one is willing to pay for it. OK