Company shop dog policy jobsworth.

I went into company shop today, leaving hubby in their carpark to take pooch a walk, but on letting the dog out of the car, he was told not to, as no dogs allowed in the car park.

This is a puppy, who is now with me in the car with the doors open, baking to death whilst hubby finishes the shop, not able to take her across a bit of tarmac to the carpark exit.

Are they allowed to do this?

I have never come across a no dog policy that extends to carparking.

---------- Post added 04-08-2017 at 15:31 ----------

The doors are open and she has water.

Your hubby should have had more backbone and told the jobsworth to do one while he exited the car park with the dog as he intended.....

Good on them, I wouldnt want animals in my car park.

You'd spend a lot of time chasing away birds, squirrels and so on then?

You'd spend a lot of time chasing away birds, squirrels and so on then?

Aww how cute :love:

Shop elsewhere.

Have to agree with cyclone.

They wouldnt have done anything and why didnt hubby just drop you off outside or at a park so you could take the dog for a walk?

Is it not for a jobsworth who may seek to excel from the depths of bold progression?

I guess they can have a rule about not allowing dogs in the car park, but if your husband were to carry the puppy out of the car park what were they actually going to do? Ban you from shopping, rugby tackle him, or get over it a few seconds later when the dog was no longer in the car park...

Technically inside the car is in the car park anyway, so the dog was already in the car park.

My thoughts exactly. What would they do if your husband just carried on doing what he was doing? It's not like they could lay hands on or anything.

I would have thanked them for their comments and carried on regardless.

There is a sign on the fence as you enter the car park saying no dogs allowed.

There is a sign on the fence as you enter the car park saying no dogs allowed.

The trouble is some people are too illiterate to understand what a sign says & means.

Do people really expect someone to risk disciplinary action for allowing you to have a dog in car park just so you can take it for a walk? Honestly? Just pull up outside the car park get out with the dog and let your husband drive into the car park. Is it really that big a deal? Sitting in a baking hot car with a dog just to make a point when you could easily have driven out of the car park is bizarre.