Blades v Bees 05/08/17

Just got back to Skeggy, a great game, against a good side, up and running with a win...not many faults at all.

If i can make one observation, in my opinion, as well as the front two played, Sharp and Clarke, we may need some extra pace up front.

Over 26,000 there too.

Wilders win ratio is fantastic and lets hope it continues...UTB

need that jota of ours he is class too good for brentford

It was a good test for us yesterday against a team that could be this seasons Huddersfield,but unlike last season we hit the ground running and did ourselves justice.They have adopted an interesting model and obviously have scouts around Europe looking at talent flying below the radar,whilst we have gone for the young British model.

I hope we are looking to bring in a forward who can run in behind defenders and open up space for Billy while getting on the end of our midfield creativity,then I would be more confident we have the goals in us to give us a fighting chance of winning games on a regular basis,but I am sure as the season goes on,goals will come from most positions,just like they did last season.

need that jota of ours he is class too good for brentford

He's class, always causing problems but we always let him come inside with the ball. A dangerous game to play.

CWs reaction

Chip Butty song

Match action

Based on yesterdays results and what I saw on the Football programme on Channel 5 (the championship one)

Blades fans need to think about

1) Putting a bet on United to get into the playoffs

2) Putting a bet on that United will finish above Wednesday by the end of the season

A good start for you guys. I do think your likely to do more of a Barnsley though, strong start but not quite enough to go the season. Long hard season though, I wouldn't be getting too giddy about being 3 points above us just yet.

A good start for you guys. I do think your likely to do more of a Barnsley though, strong start but not quite enough to go the season. Long hard season though, I wouldn't be getting too giddy about being 3 points above us just yet.

A Barnsley will be just fine thanks.

Excellent result, in a well contested game.

Don't think there could have been much of an argument with a draw, but that's football for you.

I thought Brentford passed it around better than us, but we had our moments being dangerous too.

Not really sure why Carruthers was took off, as I thought he was looking very much at home in the Championship.

Good all round performance, nice to see Blackman making a couple of good saves.

Looking forward to seeing Brooks and how he fits in over next few weeks now.

Lets hope we are playing Boro at the right time of the season before they find their feet. Maybe this is match where Brooks announces himself into the Championship.

Brentford will think they deserved something out of the game. Looks like they could easily finish in the top 10 again for the 4th season running. The Ref was half decent too.

UTB.

A Barnsley will be just fine thanks.

I think any promoted side would take that. Only problem with that is it brings unwanted attention from other clubs

I've removed the derogatory name used against the Blades and any post that had quoted in it. Any further instances will result in the person using it being suspended.

Talking to Blade mate today he said a draw would have been fair but 3 points is welcome,sterner tests to come for you lot.

Talking to Blade mate today he said a draw would have been fair but 3 points is welcome,sterner tests to come for you lot.

You don't say,we can only play as the fixture list says we should.