Another WMC closes.

Gi orr, dat kiddin di sen.

Crackle, crackle tap tap..." Can I have the best of order please for tonight's main Artiste" screech, whistle tap tap " bloody contraption" :hihi: Those were the days eh? LOL

Remember the strippers on a Sunday afternoon at Walkley Working Men's club. ? The men's wives were all at home cooking the Sunday dinner while their husbands were ogling the strippers.:hihi:

Remember the strippers on a Sunday afternoon at Walkley Working Men's club. ? The men's wives were all at home cooking the Sunday dinner while their husbands were ogling the strippers.:hihi:

And if a woman showed her face in a pub or club on a Sunday afternoon, they were called pudding burners lol

Derrick Skinners Mrs once marched the full length of the Arundel club at 2pm on a Sunday lunch and plonked his dinner down on the table .

Brought the house down that did.

East Dene Club in Rotherham is still going strong. Its a brilliant working mens club. Lots of people go, not just old people like some stereotype. Its a good laugh. A good night out. Long may it continue.

:hihi:

Went to a kids' party there a couple of weeks ago - how times have changed (some may argue, for the better)!

I think if these places are going to survive, then they have to diversify. There just isn't the demand for Sunday afternoon strippers that there used to be! There seems to be all kinds of stuff going on these days at Crookes WMC for instance (Zumba and Jazz, to name a couple of examples).

Derrick Skinners Mrs once marched the full length of the Arundel club at 2pm on a Sunday lunch and plonked his dinner down on the table .

I have a similar story,a friend of mine had a problem with his beer drinking habits,it was in a pub the Roland Arms in Aston!.He was outside every night when they opened "Just having a pint before going home for my tea!",the only problem was he was still there after 11pm throwing out time!.His wife was at her wits end,they had two small kids and he was never there,no matter what we said to him he wouldn,t go home!.One night around 8pm the pub door opened and his wife walked in with both kids in their pjs went to his table and said"You look after them I,m off!",and left them with him then walked out to applause from the packed room!.Reading this you might presume he was a waster or layabout but this wasn,t the case he had a very good job,was always smartly dressed,he just couldn,t control his beer habit!.

its so sad ,but times change sun lunch drinking is now rare,clubs have not moved with the times and many pubs offer music with live bands,sad but true

drivers having to pay up to £3.10 for a pint of 'cola' in some pubs does not help. I drive but I play snooker, pool, poker and also work in pubs, so having alcohol is a no-no. pretty galling when the soft drinks cost more than the booze.

Still miss the Dial House club , but I think WMC are missing out on having child/family nights that could really bring in funds . but things do change I'm afraid and perhaps its one of them things

If you were a guest of a member and happened to sit in another members place there was a right commotion when they turned up. If looks could kill !! :rant:

If you were a guest of a member and happened to sit in another members place there was a right commotion when they turned up. If looks could kill !! :rant:

So it was you who sat in our seats at Smithywood club New Years eve 1985:hihi: