Advice on setting up a limited company

Fair enough, well the OP seems to have lost interest anyway.

It depends on your business type and customers how sole trade and limited affects you and your customers. We sell business to business and our customers perceive there to be a difference between sole traders and Limited. There perceptions aren't always justified but that's our experience from talking to them.

I was going to say similar.

I set up my own private limited company 7 years ago when I decided to become self employed. The kind of companies I work for are large multi-national firms, FSTE Top 100 type. My chances of getting work through them if I was a sole trader would be slim. They like to think they are trading with a major corporation rather than some bloke working out of his back bedroom. In fact, they are trading with some bloke working out of his front bedroom. ;)

A big advantage of being a director of a ltd company is you can stuff lots of cash into a pension .

Up to £ 40,000. And often much more if you have not paid up to your allowance in prior years.

A big advantage of being a director of a ltd company is you can stuff lots of cash into a pension .

Up to £ 40,000. And often much more if you have not paid up to your allowance in prior years.

correct the company pays in for you and thats just one of the advantages of being LTD, there are some who comment here that think they know alot, jack of all trades comes to mind. always going to be tax efficient if your profits are above the allowance. if you keep your accounting costs down and even then if you have others doing the paperwork it leaves time for you to earn more.

Is this not possible for sole traders? They presumably get a full tax rebate on any monies paid into a pension...

---------- Post added 10-08-2017 at 17:26 ----------

correct the company pays in for you and thats just one of the advantages of being LTD, there are some who comment here that think they know alot, jack of all trades comes to mind. always going to be tax efficient if your profits are above the allowance. if you keep your accounting costs down and even then if you have others doing the paperwork it leaves time for you to earn more.

The company pays for it in the same way a sole trader would pay for it, out of monies that clients pay them...

I've posted a link that shows you exactly how tax efficient it is, the savings are small and getting smaller.

http://seans-services-s2.business.site

Take a look at my example above, this is my company in development, I have the staff ready,a few cars.. and nearly vans available.. I have a code to publish this website to register with Google.. then I will be applying for a fund for self employed startup with the gov.. obviously they would say yes with what I have done .. that's when I rent a warehouse to extend storage etc.. and declare it a ltd company.. hope this helps

Seanjohn27 - you will be an employee of your own company if its an incorporated limited company. This isn't actually called self employed, look at the link I have given earlier.

I would change your opening hours on your website, it doesn't look professional in my opinion. It gives the impression someone will pick up the phone at any time of the day or night. If this is not the case, alter it. It will also encourage calls outside regular 'acceptable' hours.

Take a look at my example above, this is my company in development, I have the staff ready,a few cars.. and nearly vans available.. I have a code to publish this website to register with Google.. then I will be applying for a fund for self employed startup with the gov.. obviously they would say yes with what I have done .. that's when I rent a warehouse to extend storage etc.. and declare it a ltd company.. hope this helps

sorry matey but that is about the most unprofessional web page i have ever seen sorry! check spellings and they way you say what you want to say, ask someone but what ever you do dont go live with that.

The email link on your web page doesn't work.

As already stated, correct your spelling and grammar.

then I will be applying for a fund for self employed startup with the gov.. obviously they would say yes with what I have done ..

Is there a specific scheme you'll be applying for, and do you meet the criteria?

I would have a look on amazon, there is some great books to help you starting out, with real life stories.