A day on the River Trent

Been on the Trent today Newark Piscatorials stretch at East Stoke

Absolutely brilliant, a fish a chuck on stick float and maggot , roach and chublets up to 8oz

Although this is a members only stretch fished the Power station length Newark Dyke(can be fished on day ticket) last week exactly the same , car directly behind all 50 pegs

I fished the Trent at Dunham bridge last week had 6 hybreds and 8 chub. what surprised me was I caught 20 small barbell only 4 to 6oz good sign for the future

Is Dunham fishable on a day ticket? I last fished there a few years ago but not been back since as the banks were disgusting with beer bottles and litter strewn around, including used toilet paper. This was the Sheffield side by the way.

Is Dunham fishable on a day ticket? I last fished there a few years ago but not been back since as the banks were disgusting with beer bottles and litter strewn around, including used toilet paper. This was the Sheffield side by the way.

yes you can, find a bin and put it in :rolleyes:

I always fish the Rotherham side its a lot cleaner on that side I fish the first peg after the bridge on the left hand side. Feed hemp and fish caster and you should have a good day

I fished the Trent at Dunham bridge last week had 6 hybreds and 8 chub. what surprised me was I caught 20 small barbell only 4 to 6oz good sign for the future

20 small barbel 'tween 4 to 6 oz is a far more interesting catch than a big one.

Not often heard of small ones.

What method were you using, feeder or float ?

Been fishing different lengths on Newark Piscatorial waters and a lot of small barbel,roach and chublets coming out to stick

Looks good for coming years believe it or not big quality roach being caught on 6 mm pellet

20 small barbel 'tween 4 to 6 oz is a far more interesting catch than a big one.

Not often heard of small ones.

What method were you using, feeder or float ?

Fished the stick fed hemp with caster on the hook it was a job getting past the small barbel. it was a bite every trot down. Want to have another session before the weather turns