Clinton cards fargate

maybe a bit far but hunters bar has the best card shop formiles

Personally I get my cards at either John Lewis or M&S, both of whom have a good selection.

Show off :hihi:

Unless SCC actually own the shop / building / lease etc. Then what has it got to do with them what its used for. It's likely a private landlord who owns the shop.

Don't try and talk sense, they've all got their rant on and there's no stopping them. :hihi:

---------- Post added 01-08-2017 at 20:46 ----------

The rush to the Moor so as to appease property investors is leading to the down grade of the traditional shopping areas in OUR City .

Increasing poverty and stagnant wage growth over the past decade is leading to the downgrade of our traditional shops. The Moor is a two minute walk from Fargate. It's the same shopping area.

The fact that Clintons haven't updated their website is not a good sign.Maybe the company has gone into administration ? ?

No mate, I bought a card from them today at Crystal Peaks.

I think its all part of SCCs masterplan

They have a plan?

They have a plan?

your guess is as good as mine , as is theirs . I think its to move everything to the beloved Moor to make the new expensive market seem a good idea and then guess about Fargate , High st, Church st , Waingate and by the time these areas are in ruin , these councillors , planners will have moved on with no responsibility or shame

Edited by hackey lad

Don't try and talk sense, they've all got their rant on and there's no stopping them. :hihi:

I had a momentary lapse in judgement. I should have realised that you can't teach an old dog new tricks, just like you can't have a rational conversation with the usual anti-SCC crowd on here.

Once again the same old profiles are peddling the same old ant-SCC drivel. They completely ignore the fact that the leasing of the old Clinton's store to someone selling 'tat' has absolutely nothing to do with SCC & everything to do with a private landlord wanting to make money & not have his property empty.

I try to avoid Fargate whenever possible. You have to constantly study the wonky ground beneath your feet whilst trying to avoid the plethora of unnecessary street furniture.

I think card shops are probably a thing of the past ..

Just as City/Town centre shopping is becoming..

I had a momentary lapse in judgement. I should have realised that you can't teach an old dog new tricks, just like you can't have a rational conversation with the usual anti-SCC crowd on here.

Once again the same old profiles are peddling the same old ant-SCC drivel. They completely ignore the fact that the leasing of the old Clinton's store to someone selling 'tat' has absolutely nothing to do with SCC & everything to do with a private landlord wanting to make money & not have his property empty.

So what about the policy of the Moor upgrade brought on by selling the whole shibang to Scottish Widows. This has lead to the death of one part of Town in High Street and Castlegate so as to appease the investment company.

Unless SCC actually own the shop / building / lease etc. Then what has it got to do with them what its used for. It's likely a private landlord who owns the shop.

Now that Clinton's have moved out, they are likely renting out the space at a discounted rate as a short term measure until they get a long lease client to sign up.

As far as i am aware, unless it's being used against its classification i.e. Shop is classified as A1 & its being used as a A4 then SCC have nothing to do with it & have no power to stop it opening. Clinton's would be classified as A1 & the cheap 'tat' shop would also be classed as A1.

If you want to blame someone then blame the landlord for allowing a 'tat' shop to open in their premises. Seems this is another thread simply to bash SCC.

It's no good explaining things rationally and using common sense to most of the people on here, it's a lost cause :(

There is a new card shop (not Clinton) that's opened on Chapel Walk but every time I've been past it's been empty. Not sure it'll last that long.