Clinton cards fargate

went to fargate today to buy a nice quality card to find them gone and some form of cheapie shop selling allsorts of tat,nothing wrong with cheapo,but I thought fargate was the highest rated area in town with the highest rent and SCC were going to upgrade all city centre shops,more to the point where have Clintons gone? help please

News to me! I've not seen any in town at all now. I think that's out of date.

The new shop that replaced it on Fargate is embarrassing. A £5 tat shop on what should be one of the nicest streets in town. Sums up Sheffield entirely at the moment. I'm just surprised it's not a charity or pound shop.

There is defo no Clintons in town. The nearest is in the Hillsborough Exchange or Meadowhall.

The fact that Clintons haven't updated their website is not a good sign.Maybe the company has gone into administration ? ?

Edited by Daven

so SCC think the way forward is tat shops on fargate,if I was the md of a decent company I would give Sheffield a miss,as most big companys do,look down lists of big national stores and you will see our city is last on there wish list or mostly missed altogether,sad but true fact

so SCC think the way forward is tat shops on fargate,if I was the md of a decent company I would give Sheffield a miss,as most big companys do,look down lists of big national stores and you will see our city is last on there wish list or mostly missed altogether,sad but true fact

I think its all part of SCCs masterplan

Unless SCC actually own the shop / building / lease etc. Then what has it got to do with them what its used for. It's likely a private landlord who owns the shop.

Now that Clinton's have moved out, they are likely renting out the space at a discounted rate as a short term measure until they get a long lease client to sign up.

As far as i am aware, unless it's being used against its classification i.e. Shop is classified as A1 & its being used as a A4 then SCC have nothing to do with it & have no power to stop it opening. Clinton's would be classified as A1 & the cheap 'tat' shop would also be classed as A1.

If you want to blame someone then blame the landlord for allowing a 'tat' shop to open in their premises. Seems this is another thread simply to bash SCC.

Isn't W H Smiths & Paperchase on Fargate? If the OP wants quality stationery rather than tat on Fargate, I'd try those two shops.

Unless SCC actually own the shop / building / lease etc. Then what has it got to do with them what its used for. It's likely a private landlord who owns the shop.

Now that Clinton's have moved out, they are likely renting out the space at a discounted rate as a short term measure until they get a long lease client to sign up.

As far as i am aware, unless it's being used against its classification i.e. Shop is classified as A1 & its being used as a A4 then SCC have nothing to do with it & have no power to stop it opening. Clinton's would be classified as A1 & the cheap 'tat' shop would also be classed as A1.

If you want to blame someone then blame the landlord for allowing a 'tat' shop to open in their premises. Seems this is another thread simply to bash SCC.

The rush to the Moor so as to appease property investors is leading to the down grade of the traditional shopping areas in OUR City .

Sheffield Town planners and there cohorts at the Council could not run a pith up in a brewery

Personally I get my cards at either John Lewis or M&S, both of whom have a good selection.

Get to Meadowhall, everything you nèed under one roof, no drunkards, crack heads or urine.