Lead pipe in council property

A leak revealed the cold water pipe running under upstairs floorboards and behind casing in my kitchen is lead..dispite the kitchen and bathroom only being a few years old...should this have been replaced or do council not bother

the housing dept are a rule to themselves and don't answer to anyone,over staffed,and over paid,its a disgrace the way they work in most depts.,I don't have a grudge about the staff its the way its run.

A leak revealed the cold water pipe running under upstairs floorboards and behind casing in my kitchen is lead..dispite the kitchen and bathroom only being a few years old...should this have been replaced or do council not bother

They might not have known the pipe under the floor was lead?

I don't see them changing it as a matter of course until there is something wrong with it like now

The leak was reported end of april..hole was made in ceiling to find leak...leak fixed..i spector came out tk asses damage and told me i would need new ceiling..phone call after arguement after phone call after arguement..long story short even though job put on 55 day turn over havent had call about when its to be fixed til today and now still got to wait while end of next month for it to be done grr no mention of replacing lead pipes though

Are you sure they are lead? lead in water pipes have been illegal for nearly fifty years.

https://www.unitedutilities.com/services/your-water-supply/lead-pipes/

Guest makapaka

During the decent homes refurbishment programme any lead pipe affected by the refurbishment was removed.

It could have just been missed.

It won't hurt you.

Many older properties have lead piping. You can get the water in your home tested for lead levels. Not sure if the council have to replace them though.

Even when you have lead pipes often the quantity of lead in the water is within safe levels.

Are you sure they are lead? lead in water pipes have been illegal for nearly fifty years.

positive,,verified by 2 plumbers and inspector

---------- Post added 06-08-2017 at 10:32 ----------

During the decent homes refurbishment programme any lead pipe affected by the refurbishment was removed.

It won't hurt you.

if it was missed it was on purpose as it would have been known to be there during the refurbishment

---------- Post added 06-08-2017 at 10:32 ----------

It won't hurt you.

if it was missed it was on purpose as it would have been known to be there during the refurbishment

the housing dept are a rule to themselves and don't answer to anyone,over staffed,and over paid,its a disgrace the way they work in most depts.,I don't have a grudge about the staff its the way its run.

Its obvious you do have a grudge otherwise you wouldnt say they were overpaid as someone who voulnteers for the TARA your not going the right way to be dealt with seriously if you think they are overstaffed ( which they are not) or overpaid (please explain how they are overpaid and what pay they should receive).

you seem a very petty little person who has ideas of grandeur over what you actually bring to the area.

Someone should tell all the plumbers merchants, as lead locks, the copper to lead connector are sold everywhere, We had one fitted about a month ago, so I doubt they are actually illegal, more a best practice.