How can I get Fit without joining a gym?

Hmmmm anyone else noticed this thread is from 2003 ;)

Keeping it retro! Wonder how keep fit is different 3 years later.... No wait, I don't! :hihi:

Have you tried MAGIC WORDS

Like..... Poi :-)

K

crookes social club Mulehouse road for a social evening , Zumba excersise group Mon tues night 7/9pm , crown green bowling, snooker, Blitz Siroco dancing, live entertainment and dance floor sat/sun, just come along and have a look and a drink or two

Weds night 9.00 if you want to see siroco dance scene and a younger crowd and get to see rest of club whilst there. just enjoy

Try Googling, "Booster Physical Activity Project", these people will send you a free DVD if you're between 40 and 64 years old and you live in certain areas of Sheffield.

Edited by Sancho

I'm with you on gyms- moneyspinners, hard to stick to, souless.

Try the Tracy Anderson Method. Don't be put off just because Madonna and Gwinnie Paltrow reshaped their bodies with her. The workout is great. I get up at 6am just to do this, when I don't have to be up until 7.30. Get the book which comes with instructional DVD. I'm totally hooked.

Try http://www.freshstartpt.co.uk. Not overpriced like British Military Fitness and not boring like a gym.

Email or call Kevin on [email protected] or 07725016054

just looked at the website £5.50 per hour, i think that is expensive. I do BMF about 3 times a week and it costs about £35 per month which is just inder £3 per hour session.

Dont let the military part put you off!

British Military Fitness is the way ahead, it's challenging but really fun.

It's outside in the parks with a group of friendly people there for the same reason, they want to get fit and enjoy it but are bored with stuck up, unfriendly, lonley gyms.

Give it a go

Hey Guys,

I notice this is an old thread, but it popped up in a Google search so I thought I would add a comment, a great tip if you are trying to get fit and healthy is to start your own fitness blog, Sharing your goals and recording your progress is a great motivational tool.

If you want some more free tips on how to get fit click the link.

Speak Soon

James

AKA The Fitness Blogger

We are blessed with some superb walking areas in Sheffield.

Walking is a great way of keeping fit cheap easy and great fun.

Its also great for losing weight if thats an objective,I believe that mile for mile walking burns a similar amount of calories with less chance of injury.