When is too early??

Afternon all,

Wanting a bit of advice!!

We suddenly lost our 10 year old female Staffy cross on Tuesday, she frustrated us at times, such as barking at the postman everyday while he is on our street and then running like a madman downstairs when about to deliver items, staring at us while we have a cup of tea to make sure she gets the last little bit at the bottom, making us feel guilty if we down save her a yoghurt pot so she can lick the last little bit out of it and numerous other little things that made her, her!! The house feels so quiet and empty without her and our 15mth old little girl has lost her best mate...so my questions are...

When is to early to get another dog and doesnt it seem disrepectful to the one we lost if its sooner rather than later?

If we do decide to get another one what do we go for, puppy/rescue dog??

The OH and I have discussed the future and mentioned German Shepherds, Boxers and Labs as possible options.

Stuck between a rock and a hard place...

I doubt the dog you've lost would worry about disrespecting her, but if it makes you feel bad getting another quickly, then either don't or accept it. If you go for a well chosen rescue dog, then you can offset any bad feelings you may have by knowing you've saved a little soul from something akin to hell.

Hope it works out well for you