Supplier of Meat and Potato Pie

Can anyone recommend someone who does really good Meat and Potato Pie - preferably large traybake style? (Anywhere in Sheffield!) Seans at Banner Cross used to be fabulous but are no longer there! Thanks

My mum! I realise that everyone's Mums meat & taty pie is the best. Not forgetting the Hendos of course ?

No, definately my mum. The crust was two inches thick smothered in gravy and served with proper dried steeped mushy peys. And of course 'endo's

Not in Sheffield, but Michael Green of The Pantry Green in Rotherham does a fabulous pie, our organisation have used him on many occasions.

I quite like the one I had at the fat cat, but it sounds like you don't want an "eat in" one

Try the bakery INSIDE crystal peaks market ( not the one in the doorway).I can't remember the name of the stall but their tray bake meat pies are delicious. They make a variety of pies .

T Bond Bakery at Handsworth - more commonly referred to as Bond's - do a selection of the most delicious pies. They do tray bakes to order. Everything is baked on the premises. I almost feel loathe to give them a plug because that means there will be less for the locals! Seriously though it is the most fantastic little shop. Family owned. Nothing is too much trouble and all the staff are very friendly. Well worth a trip.

Can anyone recommend someone who does really good Meat and Potato Pie - preferably large traybake style? (Anywhere in Sheffield!) Seans at Banner Cross used to be fabulous but are no longer there! Thanks

Banner Crust, which was Sean's, still do them I believe.

Also there is a butchers /pie shop opposite Thyme Cafe at Broomhill who also make large pies.

Crawshaw in the Barracks buildings at Hillsborough. Lovely when they've just come out of the oven but I would like them to put a few more potatoes in. I only found two last time.