Fake gardener around Totley area?

Hi

Looking for some help locating a young bloke who knocked on my Nan's door offering to do her garden for her. She asked how much and he asked for £40. Started to cut top half of her garden when suddenly his Strimmer broke and he left with the money. Low and behold my nan hasn't seen him since.

Anyone else had this happen to them in the Totley area?

Any help appreciated ?

A similar thing happened to my mum a few years' ago, But left her purse about £350 light and didn't do a thing. Said he needed to go buy materials then never came back. Luckily he was known to police and she got her money back. I would ring police and let them deal with it.

The unproven 'suggestion' has been removed. It is not to be reposted.

Last week a chap knocked on my door offering hedge trimming and gardening.

I would guess it was the same bloke.

I live in Dore/totley

Edited by georgethedog
Added additional line

this type of work is often done by the traveling community,some okay,some not,pity as it tars them all the same,hope it gets sorted,there is a picture of a guy doing similar on nextdoor at lowedges if that helps

Hi

Looking for some help locating a young bloke who knocked on my Nan's door offering to do her garden for her. She asked how much and he asked for £40. Started to cut top half of her garden when suddenly his Strimmer broke and he left with the money. Low and behold my nan hasn't seen him since.

Anyone else had this happen to them in the Totley area?

Any help appreciated ?

Not in Totley area, but I once had my strimmer break on me in Handsworth.

this type of work is often done by the traveling community,some okay,some not,pity as it tars them all the same,hope it gets sorted,there is a picture of a guy doing similar on nextdoor at lowedges if that helps

TARS?

Intentional pun? Boys from the Blackstuff, when Yosser Hughes was goosed by our traveller friends?