Donny v Owls last night

Thought I'd call into the Keepmoat last night to have a gander at last nights game,to be honest it was what it was a warm up game,Carlos played around 20 players and on the positive good to see Abdi back along with Matias who had some good touches,think it was only Westy and Lees who played the all game.

Score was 2-1 with Winnall and Hooper,still looks overweight but but put himself about when he came on.

Thought I'd call into the Keepmoat last night to have a gander at last nights game,to be honest it was what it was a warm up game,Carlos played around 20 players and on the positive good to see Abdi back along with Matias who had some good touches,think it was only Westy and Lees who played the all game.

Score was 2-1 with Winnall and Hooper,still looks overweight but but put himself about when he came on.

Another warm-up game , but nice to see going unbeaten into the 2017/18 season.

Had noticed Carlos playing Pudil in central defence in previous games .

Did Loovens get a run-out last night, or is he injured ?

Be nice to see Carlos sign an experienced,solid ,central defender

to play alongside Tom Lees .

Oh by the way Dave, are you back permanently on these shores,

or still residing in lovely, sunny Rojales ? :)

Edited by Southey owl

Just looked at the goals, Westwood definitely wasn't happy with their goal, can't say I blame him. A good following more away fans than home fans.

Edited by iansheff

I always see people saying this about Hooper - he isn't overweight in the slightest, he's a damn sight slimmer than me or thee :hihi:

Unbeaten in pre-season with a game to go but it wont mean a thing once the real stuff starts, Loovens came on as a late sub and I think Pudil has been playing their in case he's called on early season. Apparently we created loads of chances and should have won more comfortably.

Another warm-up game , but nice to see going unbeaten into the 2017/18 season.

Had noticed Carlos playing Pudil in central defence in previous games .

Did Loovens get a run-out last night, or is he injured ?

Be nice to see Carlos sign an experienced,solid ,central defender

to play alongside Tom Lees .

Oh by the way Dave, are you back permanently on these shores,

or still residing in lovely, sunny Rojales ? :)

No mate back k in Spain next month but in Blighty for Christmas,Loovens came on last 10mins or so,agree with the other post though Hirsty should have had a run.

Donny got stuck in where we didn't risk injury but yes 5-2 would have been more like it.

Oh and Top,honest,Hooper I s meatier than me.

No mate back k in Spain next month but in Blighty for Christmas,Loovens came on last 10mins or so,agree with the other post though Hirsty should have had a run.

Donny got stuck in where we didn't risk injury but yes 5-2 would have been more like it.

Oh and Top,honest,Hooper I s meatier than me.

Oh, i like that Dave, keeping in trim ,well done lad

seems like i've got some serious competition :hihi:.

You'll probably see a few early August games eh,

before returning to the lovely , sunny Mediterranean climate ?:)

Doing Preston pal,got family in Lytham,may do Chesterfield,can't make QPR then a long drive home the week after..

I went to this game last night and I’ve got a few observations from it:

Players that must start against Preston- Westwood, Tom Lees, Hooper, FF, Bannan and Wallace.

For the first 25-30 minutes we played some lovely football and most of this came from FF out on the left which is why I think he needs to start there.

They then came into the game until Bannan came on and from then on we dominated.

Problem areas- Left back and Centre back. For me Fox or Reach aren’t good enough in the Left Back position and Pudil must go back there (he did well up until Huddersfield game last season). At Centre Back we need to get Hutchinson in there as we have an abundance of good midfielders and he’s a good Centre Back. I don’t understand why this hasn’t been tried pre-season unless he is refusing to play there.

I’m of the opinion we shouldn’t be buying players for these positions unless we can exchange strikers and/or central midfielders.

Team cohesion- I know this won’t be popular but this squad is too big and players who have done well pre-season like Jones and Reach looked naffed off at having to make way for other players. Reach, Jones,Abdi, Winnall and Matias can play at this level but they are unlikely to get played and I’m not sure we can keep them happy for long if this is the case

The Bird- Hope the poor thing is ok

Players that must start against Preston- Westwood, Tom Lees, Hooper, FF, Bannan and Wallace.

For the first 25-30 minutes we played some lovely football and most of this came from FF out on the left which is why I think he needs to start there.

They then came into the game until Bannan came on and from then on we dominated.

Problem areas- Left back and Centre back. For me Fox or Reach aren’t good enough in the Left Back position and Pudil must go back there (he did well up until Huddersfield game last season). At Centre Back we need to get Hutchinson in there as we have an abundance of good midfielders and he’s a good Centre Back. I don’t understand why this hasn’t been tried pre-season unless he is refusing to play there.

I’m of the opinion we shouldn’t be buying players for these positions unless we can exchange strikers and/or central midfielders.

Team cohesion- I know this won’t be popular but this squad is too big and players who have done well pre-season like Jones and Reach looked naffed off at having to make way for other players. Reach, Jones,Abdi, Winnall and Matias can play at this level but they are unlikely to get played and I’m not sure we can keep them happy for long if this is the case

can't disagree with much of that, i would rather see hutch as an emergency cb than pudil aswell.

What happened to the bird?

What happened to the bird?

Got hit with the ball then spent half the game dodging the ball and players,it won mom for Donny,or should it be bom.

Got hit with the ball then spent half the game dodging the ball and players,it won mom for Donny,or should it be bom.

Haha get him signed up.