Oxford to fine rough sleepers £2500 .

The sleepy towers that house Oxfords good and mighty Labour controlled Council have started pinning legal notices onto the possessions of rough sleepers in that City of learning (where students from wealthy and privileged classes live in nice little dens with all the mod cons).

It seems as though the notices are being pinned to the poor peoples sleeping bags ,rucksacks, or cardboard boxes telling these unfortunate folk that their presence is having a detrimental effect on others in the locality and that they can be fined up to £2500 if they do not move on .

On the spot fines of £100 have already been processed on to people who have precisely nowt!!!!

A Labour Council my arssse.

Edited by samssong

I feel sorry for them, but you have to chuckle at how totally inept the council are.

The people can't even afford a roof over their head, they certainly won't be paying the council any fines.

It's an absolute joke isn't it? Perhaps if the council put the funding into trying to sort the problem out rather than assuming that if you kick a homeless person enough times that they will magically disappear (actually they probably will through death :( ) none of the sensitive souls would have to engage with or even cast eyes upon another ne'erdowell

as tho homeless are going to pay fines :hihi: sticking them in jail would give them bed and breakfast. win win all round. silly councils. :loopy:

No room left in the jails though, which makes it even more ridiculous really as there's obviously nothing going to happen if someone doesn't pay.

Total waste of time and public money, should be spent solving the problem not moronically trying to fine the homeless.

Can't pay it of course, so get a free night's B&B in a warm, dry cell..... Win!

It seems as though the notices are being pinned to the poor peoples sleeping bags ,rucksacks, or cardboard boxes telling these unfortunate folk that their presence is having a detrimental effect on others in the locality and that they can be fined up to £2500 if they do not move on .

If you'd attached a link you might have got your facts right. Try this one; http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-40713992

The threatened fine is for homeless people leaving their possessions lying about. The council is trying to get them to take their possessions with them or put them in lockers.

I accept that OCC is being heavyhanded but it's got nothing to do with trying to get homeless people to move on.

If you'd attached a link you might have got your facts right. Try this one; http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-40713992

The threatened fine is for homeless people leaving their possessions lying about. The council is trying to get them to take their possessions with them or put them in lockers.

I accept that OCC is being heavyhanded but it's got nothing to do with trying to get homeless people to move on.

My facts are my facts as reported in the Times.

Where would you like homeless people to leave their possessions in the spare room perhaps .

My facts are my facts as reported in the Times.

Where would you like homeless people to leave their possessions in the spare room perhaps .

The individuals concerned managed to move the offending items.

The sleepy towers that house Oxfords good and mighty Labour controlled Council have started pinning legal notices onto the possessions of rough sleepers in that City of learning (where students from wealthy and privileged classes live in nice little dens with all the mod cons).

On the spot fines of £100 have already been processed on to people who have precisely nowt!!!!

A Labour Council my arssse.

No need to be particularly wealthy or privileged to attend Oxford Uni. The costs are no different to other Universities.