Eleven million quid for church windows.

you"ve got a chance with the first three sam, but getting the owls promoted... think about it.

I think promotion will be more likely ,although I would swap it for any of the others;)

York minster is a testament to great skill, great beauty and a history that has lasted for nearly a thousand years. It is irreplaceable, and must be preserved for future generations to appreciate.

Yes it costs money, but really, how could we allow it to deteriorate on our watch?

Well this takes the biscuit .

The Church have announced that they are to spend eleven million pounds not on helping the poor and dispossessed but instead to protect the stained glass windows on York Minster.

Day by day we see the homeless situation getting worse, people sleeping in shop door ways , we see schools, library's, working mens clubs, and hospitals closing due to lack of funds, mean while!!! the pillar of goodness that is religion ( whatever god one worships) decides that their temple is a more important than the very poor that they pretend to represent .

Every day on T.V we see the obscene wealth and jewelled encrusted churches along with their similar trimmed up priests preaching the message that the humble will inherit the Earth while practising the exact opposite .

There is more goodness in the local pub tap room where locals will often give their last penny to the latest local tragedy than there is in the ivory towers of religion.

If you're that worried about the shortfall to charity samssong, you could always have a word with Mother Theresa and ask her to divert some cash to worthy causes, You know !! A bit like the tax breaks for the super rich.

If you're that worried about the shortfall to charity samssong, you could always have a word with Mother Theresa and ask her to divert some cash to worthy causes, You know !! A bit like the tax breaks for the super rich.

I have heard some strange stories about old Theresa and her cash. mind you I will bet Nuffields millions that she despised all that splendour in Rome ,,especially all those blokes trimmed up like Christmas trees while the poor people look on, hands clasped in prayer hoping for salvation .

I can feel the godliness coming out on this thread .

Gentle Jesus would have been right behind all the wealth and extravagance displayed by the disciples in York and Rome:hihi:

Nothing to do with religion and everything to do with you being ignorant .

People have told you why it costs £11m.

But for some reason youd rather they let York Minster fall into ruin and youd rather people werent allowed to make voluntary contributions to its upkeep.

Nothing to do with religion and everything to do with you being ignorant .

People have told you why it costs £11m.

But for some reason youd rather they let York Minster fall into ruin and youd rather people werent allowed to make voluntary contributions to its upkeep.

My dear trigger, I have no desire what so ever to see York Minster fall into ruin and disrepair as I admire the crafts men who built it (many in servitude) .

However eleven million quid to protect the windows is taking the pith.

I would like to point out that the sum mentioned would build approximately 70 social houses in York, a City that like Sheffield has people who are having to live with parents with no chance of ever having a place of their own or indeed some folk who are completely home less and bunking down in shop doorways.

I think that gentle Jesus would have preached that the churches prerogative is to help the poor and underprivileged in the World rather than spending vast sums on places of worship where men smelling of frankincense and mer while dressed in ermine and gold pontificate to the masses that giving to the poor is the way to godliness.

So endith the lesson .

My dear trigger, I have no desire what so ever to see York Minster fall into ruin and disrepair as I admire the crafts men who built it (many in servitude) .

However eleven million quid to protect the windows is taking the pith.

I would like to point out that the sum mentioned would build approximately 70 social houses in York, a City that like Sheffield has people who are having to live with parents with no chance of ever having a place of their own or indeed some folk who are completely home less and bunking down in shop doorways.

I think that gentle Jesus would have preached that the churches prerogative is to help the poor and underprivileged in the World rather than spending vast sums on places of worship where men smelling of frankincense and mer while dressed in ermine and gold pontificate to the masses that giving to the poor is the way to godliness.

So endith the lesson .

So you have no desire to see it fall apart, yet you dont want them to fix it? :loopy: Make your mind up!!!!

there is an historical as well as religious aspect, they should be maintened for future generation's to enjoy