5 Year Old Girl Fined £150 for selling Lemonade

Issued with a fine and then the council cancelled it. Someone was doing their job to the letter. Someone above who has the power to adjudicate saw sense and cancelled the fine.

Silly season news report.

Issued with a fine and then the council cancelled it. Someone was doing their job to the letter. Someone above who has the power to adjudicate saw sense and cancelled the fine.

Silly season news report.

Yeah but should it have really had to go through to someone above?? I mean, a 5 year old selling lemonade!! it's madness.. and greed!

Hahaha i dont normally get wound up by these articles but it brought back memories of me selling ice pops on my little stall on my street when i was younger... I used to fill lollypop trays with dilute orange and put them in the freezer and sell them for 2p :hihi:

Someone was doing their job to the letter.

You can't prosecute a minor, so you can't issue them with a fine or ticket either.

You can't prosecute a minor, so you can't issue them with a fine or ticket either.

I'm sure Fagin is glad of this however fixed penalty notices were decriminalised a long time ago so your criminal responsibility angle is invalid I suspect.

Edited by Berberis

Dad set up lemonade stand to make money off festival goers. Realised he didn't have a license, blamed his daughter. Got away with it because of the pesky kid.

Dad set up lemonade stand to make money off festival goers. Realised he didn't have a license, blamed his daughter. Got away with it because of the pesky kid.

A different story to the one I read.

Angel1

:rant:

I agree!

What sort of irresponsible parent encourages a 5 year old to break the law! :roll:

The father should have been fined for allowing his 5 year old daughter to talk to strangers.

Dont you need some sort of HSE certificate before you can serve food and / or drink to the general public?

A different story to the one I read.

Angel1

Well he's not going to confess to the press is he.

It's clear from the photo that the fine was given to the father and not the child due to the fact that she is a minor.