Raising kerbs??

roads definitely need to be repaired and resurfaced to a good standard , but i cannot understand why money is being wasted on raising kerbs that there is nothing wrong with at all .

that money would be better spent on nhs and education budget

Some kerbs are too high it's difficult to get a wheelchair on or off:(

my issue is with them raising kerbs , not lowering them.

corners at the end of roads/streets on many kerbs are already lowered previously for wheelchairs and pushchairs etc

what is happening now is they are raising the kerbs where they may be slightly lower in places which are not really a hindrance to anyone

I find that sometimes I am too lazy to lift my foot properly when stepping up on to these high kerbs which in turn causes me to trip.

All kerbs should be lowered just for the lazy.

Same question asked when Chapel Road Chapeltown was resurfaced the other year and parts of the curb where lifted and relaid. Answer given, when it rained the camber of the road made the rain run over the lower parts of the curb onto the pavement by raising the sections that were to low it directed the rain to run in the gutter and then down the drain where it should run, not rocket science when you thing about it.

Same question asked when Chapel Road Chapeltown was resurfaced the other year and parts of the curb where lifted and relaid. Answer given, when it rained the camber of the road made the rain run over the lower parts of the curb onto the pavement by raising the sections that were to low it directed the rain to run in the gutter and then down the drain where it should run, not rocket science when you thing about it.

my bold=

If it's not rocket science then why did you have to ask them in the first place as stated in your post? :hihi:

my bold=

If it's not rocket science then why did you have to ask them in the first place as stated in your post? :hihi:

The curb had to be raised in areas where there were cut outs for drive ways and the over time the curb had sunk the rain water washing over the curb had lifted the pavement tarmac some people may not realise the reason why the council did this work before relaying the pavements and question what they thought was unnesessary work and cost I was just trying to make it clear how simple this action was to solve the problem I did not ask them as it was plain to see why it was being done but obviously you are of the higher intelligence bracket to make such a remark and totally understand the mechanics of road and pavement construction.

But to high light something was uncalled for and your remark was not necessary plus you just wanted to make a comical remark totally unnesessary.

Edited by MEC176

The curb had to be raised in areas where there were cut outs for drive ways and the over time the curb had sunk the rain water washing over the curb had lifted the pavement tarmac some people may not realise the reason why the council did this work before relaying the pavements and question what they thought was unnesessary work and cost I was just trying to make it clear how simple this action was to solve the problem I did not ask them as it was plain to see why it was being done but obviously you are of the higher intelligence bracket to make such a remark and totally understand the mechanics of road and pavement construction.

But to high light something was uncalled for and your remark was not necessary plus you just wanted to make a comical remark totally unnesessary.

A night down the pub with you must be hilarious.

A night down the pub with you must be hilarious.

We certainly do just good friends of long standing without the sarcasm. :hihi: