Archaeology tour on Friday (Tomorrow)

On Look North tonight there was a tour announced or friday at the archaeological dig.

Does anyone know where and when this is to be, as I cant get a link,

Thanx

its all sold out sadly

we wil just have to go and look at the concrete its going to be covered with

:(

Hi Parvo

I managed to get hubby to find the link. What a shame, eh?

Thanks for that anyhow XX

It's a pity that the whole site could not be saved for future generations to admire. Covering it with concrete and building on it is a criminal act.

Angel1.

It's a pity that the whole site could not be saved for future generations to admire. Covering it with concrete and building on it is a criminal act.

Angel1.

I certainly agree, why should we lose our historical remains just for student accomodation? These remains could and should be built into the flats so anyone could see them at any time. I think these remains are near the Titanic Works.

I would have loved to go along but the first I heard about it was on my way to work on Friday reported on BBC Radio 4. I saw no advertising of this in or around town.

I would have loved to go along but the first I heard about it was on my way to work on Friday reported on BBC Radio 4. I saw no advertising of this in or around town.

I sympathise, but as there were only four tours with six folk on each, I guess they weren't aware of the demand?

It probably won't do any good but I've sent a message to Wessex Archeology asking if they can put any more tours on. First I heard of it was today, and I did know that the dig was going on.

if you are looking to go on a dig, there is one in castleton