BBC stars wages made public

Which in no way could be said to equate to "unfit for purpose".

According to you, but not the vast majority.

60% is a majority. If it's not value for money it's unfit for purpose.

60% is a majority. If it's not value for money it's unfit for purpose.

Now you're just being silly, so if I pay what I consider over the odds for say, a car, that car is suddenly unfit to be used on the roads? Nope.

Engage brain before mouth.

Edited by Magilla

Now you're just being silly, so if I pay what I consider over the odds for say, a car, that car is suddenly unfit to be used on the roads? Nope.

Engage brain before mouth.

Now you are being insulting.

I have not read all the posts so if this has been posted already, soz for that.

Best idea I have seen given on the box. Don't put the Ladies pay up, put the Mens pay down to equal the ladies. Sorted.

Angel1.

The majority (by far) of people I know and work with do not pay the BBC TV licence fee, nor do they wish to consume BBC content. Most of them say this is because the BBC represents only white, male, affluent metropolitan middle-class liberals who own property.

The BBC does not recognise that many people are struggling to survive in the UK. Poverty only exists overseas, according to the Beeb.

Don't put the Ladies pay up, put the Mens pay down to equal the ladies. Sorted.

I was going to post similar, so yes I agree. They did similar with pension retirement age to make it equal so its also a good idea here as well.

---------- Post added 23-07-2017 at 18:55 ----------

The majority (by far) of people I know and work with do not pay the BBC TV licence fee....

Same here but in my case I don't watch any live broadcast TV or the BBC iPlayer at all.

Guest makapaka
I have not read all the posts so if this has been posted already, soz for that.

Best idea I have seen given on the box. Don't put the Ladies pay up, put the Mens pay down to equal the ladies. Sorted.

Angel1.

That's not very fair though is it - penalising someone to get parity.

The majority (by far) of people I know and work with do not pay the BBC TV licence fee, nor do they wish to consume BBC content.

I call BS. On both claims, most people think the BBC is valuable to the UK and use it's services (as per the poll you mentioned), so your claim is unlikely.

Most of them say this is because the BBC represents only white, male, affluent metropolitan middle-class liberals who own property.

Haahaa.... yeah, I'm sure that's exactly what they say.

What do they say ITV & Sky represent?

The BBC does not recognise that many people are struggling to survive in the UK. Poverty only exists overseas, according to the Beeb.

Untrue, though you wouldn't know that if you never use it ;)

---------- Post added 23-07-2017 at 19:31 ----------

That's not very fair though is it - penalising someone to get parity.

Indeed, also, shouldn't this be an issue for the agents that represent these people?

You can't really blame the BBC for paying as little as they can get away with (regardless of gender).

Edited by Magilla

The majority (by far) of people I know and work with do not pay the BBC TV licence fee, nor do they wish to consume BBC content. Most of them say this is because the BBC represents only white, male, affluent metropolitan middle-class liberals who own property.

And according to lots of Tories on here too.

I think this disclosure of who is paid what is an unfair intrusion. They could have handled it a different way, by say, disclosing that they have x amount of people on such and such amount and x amount of people on this amount and so on, without naming the individuals and what they're on.

Many people at the BBC will feel that they're no longer entitled to privacy and it may drive many of the talented ones to seek jobs elsewhere, which I suspect is what the government wants; it wants to hollow out the BBC as part of an agenda of doing away with the BBC.

This is what you get when you put self entitled Public School boys and girls in charge. " we're worth it we're so brilliant" I suppose it's called the Liberal Elite ?

The property comment is very true.

BBC programmes on property often involve couples who are down grading or moving to the country side , they are often quoted as only having a budget of five or six hundred grand to spend and must be frugal in their hunt for a house.

This reminds me of the Times newspaper property pages that only seem to discuss million pound moves.

Some thing wrong some where :(