Woodburn Road School

Iand my sisters all went to woodbourn rd shool. We lived on chelmsford st which was the next rd up from woodbourn rd.:thumbsup:

Sorry wrong there where two streets between woodbourn road and chelmsford street. First I do not remember but the second was cottingham street

Chelmesford Street was the lst street after Woodbourn Road, 2nd up Cottingham Street, 3rd up Westbury Street, 4th up Selbourne Street finally Ferneough Street then we came to Broad Oaks

Cheers M'Dears

Chelmesford Street was the lst street after Woodbourn Road, 2nd up Cottingham Street, 3rd up Westbury Street, 4th up Selbourne Street finally Ferneough Street then we came to Broad Oaks

Cheers M'Dears

Thanks Katie, my apologies my only excuse I left Worthing road and Woodbourn school 63 years ago.

---------- Post added 09-07-2013 at 18:33 ----------

I am not certain if this should be a new thread? But because it relates to ex pupils I will post it Here.

Did anyone from Woodbourne Rd. School achieve their dream?

Why do I pose this question? Well Sunday past I spent a lot of time on the forum, something I do rarely but when I go on the forum I go through just about every topic, obviously Woodbourne Rd. is my favourite but there does not appear to be any one of my age group contributes. I was there from 1945 to 1950 when I left to go to central technical school.

Back to my original question, I remember a class photograph when we where being urged to purchase it, I think by a Mr. Kelly who said “ you need to buy this, save it and in years to come you can look at it and see who as been to prison and who is now driving around in a posh car”, I so wish I still had that photo.

For my part at least since moving to Spain 23 years ago things have gone pretty well for me, I drive a s type jaguar, live in a nice 4 bed house and own various other houses here in Spain.

But I still work obviously for myself, I have one Spanish worker, Javier who is also a friend and so it is more a hobby than work, the point I am trying to get round to is, when have you achieved your dream? I still have a “bucket list”, so do you belive that you have achived your dream?

Look forward to your posts.

Hi my dad went to woodbourne school he left in 1954 ! He used to live at 79 Rippon Street, then moved to Lovetot Road

Hi my dad went to woodbourne school he left in 1954 ! He used to live at 79 Rippon Street, then moved to Lovetot Road

Hi Tilly,

What is your dads name? I imagine we where in the same class.

Hi Tilly,

What is your dads name? I imagine we where in the same class.

Hi, hes called keith morris

Going back to the 60's... Does anyone remember

Holdens newsagent on Nidd road?

I also went to Woodbourn Road school and also lived on Cottingham Street, No. 141, we left in 1966.

Hi

Glenn Smith

lived on Westbury St Left 1970 went to Australia

Any one remember Glenn Smith

---------- Post added 14-10-2013 at 07:22 ----------

went to Woodburn Rd school

until 66 then Beaver Hill

Glenn Smith lived on Westbury St 135

left for a new life in Australia Jan 1970

Any one remember us after 43 years

Glenn Smith

---------- Post added 14-10-2013 at 07:25 ----------

My hubby went to Woodburn school, He lived at the greengrocers

on the corner of Ripon Street/Worthing Road :D

Hi Glenn Smith

lived on Westbury St Went to Woodburn Rd School

left for a different life in Australia in 1970 January

any one remember the Smiths

---------- Post added 14-10-2013 at 23:32 ----------

Thanks for the reply cazza77 - My brother was best friends with Glen Smith until he went to live abroad. He managed to track him down many years later via the internet I believe. Maybe by friends reunited, I'm not 100% on that though.
Edited by aussieG
Did not know the news sorry

Where abouts on Ripon Street, knew quite a few people who lived on there.

my name is graham Christian, I was brought up on ripon street. I remember lots of people who lived around the area from 1950 to 1965. I lived at number 182 across the road from the baines family who were the local window cleaners.

Hi Katie48

not sure if I have messaged before

Bullivant your maiden name

my father was a friend of Jack Bullivant off Worthing Rd

Played darts in the Woodburn pub

areyou his daughter

Glenn Smith off Westbury St

Could ripon street get in touch

---------- Post added 09-01-2015 at 21:36 ----------

Graham Christian get in touch

Iand my sisters all went to woodbourn rd shool. We lived on chelmsford st which was the next rd up from woodbourn rd.:thumbsup:

Hi I lived on Chelmsford St no 7 briscoes

---------- Post added 11-07-2015 at 12:48 ----------

hi bridge is still their harry briscoe

I went to Woodbourn (and Hammerton Rd before) then onto Waltheof. I lived on Jessell Street which ran along side the school. The last house before the big bridge ~ anyone remember the bridge? I left Woodbourn in 1981. Had some great times there. Does anyone remember pthe school song?

We go to Woodbourn school just up the road

Oh yes, just up the road

It's terribly grimy and terribly old

Oh yes, terribly old

etc. etc. etc.

---------- Post added 11-07-2015 at 12:50 ----------

Hi graham CHRISTAIN just signed up to day where are you now harry Briscoe I lived on Chelmsford St no 7

---------- Post added 11-07-2015 at 12:51 ----------

Could ripon street get in touch

---------- Post added 09-01-2015 at 21:36 ----------

Graham Christian get in touch

hi graham its harry Briscoe ,,

---------- Post added 11-07-2015 at 12:58 ----------

Hi any I wanting to chat I lived on Chelmsford St ,no 7 and went to woodbourn rd school any body know Susan wood ,Beryl Winfrey..tony mc Kenna ,tony tether ,loads more any body still kicking get in touch

---------- Post added 11-07-2015 at 13:00 ----------

hi bridge is still their harry briscoe

I went to Woodbourn (and Hammerton Rd before) then onto Waltheof. I lived on Jessell Street which ran along side the school. The last house before the big bridge ~ anyone remember the bridge? I left Woodbourn in 1981. Had some great times there. Does anyone remember pthe school song?

We go to Woodbourn school just up the road

Oh yes, just up the road

It's terribly grimy and terribly old

Oh yes, terribly old

etc. etc. etc.