Woodburn Road School

Does any one have parents or grand parents that went to Woodbourn road school the same year as me, 1945?

Am I the oldest ex pupil on this topi?

73 & living the good life in Northern Cordoba, no other expats around.

Does any one have parents or grand parents that went to Woodbourn road school the same year as me, 1945?

Am I the oldest ex pupil on this topi?

73 & living the good life in Northern Cordoba, no other expats around.

my uncle went to woodbourn rd keith morris he is 73 he was a great furnace bricklayer and is now a good fisherman

billy brumby...alan peirce....jeff seaman(he was murded in africa some years ago)....tommy pigott...walt christian...marilyn mycock....sandra cook....dqavid artcliff... george mitchell....edwin rayworth..just afew names of some people who went to woodburn school from 1950 to 1962.

One of my cousin's married one of Jeff Seaman's sisters. I think the family are related to the ex Arsenal goalie David Seaman.

Hi Mr Gleadhall was a teacher when I started school in 1945 taught RI &current affairs if you did wrong he used smack your backside with a piece of wood about 12x3x1 inch, and he enjoyed it. I believe he met his wife when he took us by tram to visit Attercliffe Docks and she was with a group from another school.

that peice of wood he used to hit the kids with he called it miss hard lips.im sure he enjoyed it.

That sounds very interesting, when is it going to be

the reunion,is for everyone who went to woodbourn rd junior/infants school, then on to beaver hill,or which ever after that. The venue is organised by Pat Dean, and Roger Lycett,and it is being held at Handsworth wmc, on Friday September 14 2012,7-30 onwards,all welcome.

Edited by Ms Macbeth
fixed quote tags

I went to Woodburn Road Sch from 1964 till 1969, I lived on Westbury Street and remember Georgie Ward and his younger brother who lived down the gennel, not seen them since but would love to get in touch. Does anyone know them or where they are? You can get me in a private message on Facebook 'Dee Jay Ski', cheers.

im stuart marks brother...crumpsters brother i went to woodbourn road school

For anyone who went to Woodbourn Road School young or old and who lived in the surrounding area we are having a reunion on the 3rd August, meeting at bessamers at 8.00. All welcome:thumbsup:

So many memories of Darnall and Attercliffe, im Stuart Crump, i left woodbourn road school in 1962 went to Beaverhill, i lived on Broad oaks , married in 74 left attercliffe in 1976 to go live on bellhouse road shiregreen, anyone remember me ? i would love to here from lads and lasses from that era

Edited by Stewpot1

I went to Woodbourne 1976 - 1980 ish and Hammerton before that. Lived on Cottingham Street. Can remember Paul Wiseman, and Lisa Lane - was in the swimming team with her and her dad was the ex Wednesday player who had the pub on Staniforth Road.