Woodburn Road School

I know the name Billy Brumby I think he was brothers mate, Glyn Hannan do you know him, or Malcolm Hannan, or Marie Hannan

Bill Brumby is on the picture that you have which was taken in your back yard. Our Dennis and your brother Glyn along with some others are also in the picture.

Bill Brumby is on the picture that you have which was taken in your back yard. Our Dennis and your brother Glyn along with some others are also in the picture.

You're right, its a good picture and what a bunch of likely lads they looked, Im sure Malcolm used to come on here, I will tell him to have another look atbthis he might recognise, somebody else, I know Glyn was always with Bob Megson, does anybody remember him, dont think he went to woodbourn though.

Oh where do the years go

My brother went to Woodbourn Road school with Bill Brumby, his name is Dennis Whiteley, we lived on Cottingham Street

i remember dennis very well, cant remember if he went to beaverhill school when we left woodburn though?.

i remember dennis very well, cant remember if he went to beaverhill school when we left woodburn though?.

Yes he did go to Beaver Hill, we all did. I've got another brother called John, he's 61 (I think)

Yes he did go to Beaver Hill, we all did. I've got another brother called John, he's 61 (I think)

whats your name? what year did you go to woodburn school?

whats your name? what year did you go to woodburn school?

My name's Ann Whiteley and I would have gone to Woodbourn up to 1965 or round about that time. Left Beaver Hill in 1969

long time l havent seen john for a while though hopefully going to attercliffe reunion

long time l havent seen john for a while though hopefully going to attercliffe reunion

When and where is what

That sounds very interesting, when is it going to be

I went to school and was in the same class as Jimmy Harley.........I used to live at 122 Wesbury Street!

I went to Woodbourn road school 1945, Headmistress Miss Cheasman, in the same class, Jacky Davis Chelmsford street (his mother used to carry him to school because at assembly we had our shoes inspected), Alan Varney. Cottingham streetBeryl Harly, Reginald Dixon Somwhere on the Wybourn(not the one who played at the tower) Alan Bruce, Worthing road.the beautifull Betty Stuart, woodbourn road, Rita Duce lived on one of the steep roads that ran parallel with woodbourn Rd, Joan Hobsan same road I lived 157 &151 Worthing road

I to went to woodburn school ,with Gordon Davison,Dennis Fletcher ,ect ect ect, in the 50s....13 Chelmsford st = me(Ken), my bro Frank.Just up from the shoe shop. My mucker was David Briscoe as a kid.We used to go out cutting clothes lines & tie them accross chelmsford st. Till some bloke opened the door while I was doin it.(Ow!) Run-run. Gordon, Dennis (the mennis)and Allan North and I used to be great pals. Where are you all now, I wonder?.............+ Whatever happened to Jennifer Jones. I thought she was gorgious. (I was 9 or 10yrs old at the time.) Sad to hear about Rene Denial I remember her name well. You all bring back good memories of my distant past. Peace & Love. Ken.

Hi I am new to the forum, I remember Rene Denial being born and Alfie, my mate although a couple years younger than me was Mick their parents where Al f &Ada whose oldest son Jackie died in 1946.

Edited by alantalbot
because I got the date wrong

I went to Woodbourn Road from 1950 till 1960 I suppose, infants and juniors.I remember Mrs Hill, head mistress and Mrs Gleadhall. Mr Gleadhall was there too, plump little guy. i remember the pre fab classrooms and a girl called Diana Wells with ringlets. Janet Haskins, Sylvia Fletcher and Rene Denial were in my class too although poor Rene was killed in an accident in the 70's in Australia, I think. Stuart Gregory and Colin Hales and Jimmy Harley I remember and Robert Smith. The Bishops, who lived on Cottingham Street I knew well and used to call Mrs Bishop Aunty Dot and loved being in her house even tho there was not much room you were always welcome and fed along with all her kids!

This forum is GREAT for a walk down memory lane. I live in Spain now, but ofter 'pop' in to catch up.

Hi Mr Gleadhall was a teacher when I started school in 1945 taught RI &current affairs if you did wrong he used smack your backside with a piece of wood about 12x3x1 inch, and he enjoyed it. I believe he met his wife when he took us by tram to visit Attercliffe Docks and she was with a group from another school.