Woodburn Road School

does anyone on here remember a gary pickering ? i think he went to hammerton road school .

i remember a few people in my class at hammerton rd school; maxine bailey, dean watts, maxine watts, jayne lycett, lisa barker, rember a family called the duckers, mandy, michelle, wendy, etc, and twin girls that lived across from us on worthing road, gemma and della. does anyone know any of these people ?

i remember a few people in my class at hammerton rd school; maxine bailey, dean watts, maxine watts, jayne lycett, lisa barker, rember a family called the duckers, mandy, michelle, wendy, etc, and twin girls that lived across from us on worthing road, gemma and della. does anyone know any of these people ?

the name gary pickering rings a bell I think he lived a few streets away from

me I lived on cottingham street I think he lived the road before broad oaks rd

Hi Vicky, i know Gary is on facebook

hi carl ,

lol yeah your uncle steve , jack bullivant and me had some good times in them days , do you keep in touch with your uncle , i haven't seem him in years

Hi Peter, shame what happened to Jack, i live in Durham now so don't get to see many people, last saw our Steve at a wedding a couple of months ago( he's the double of Chris 'GOD'Waddle!! :) if you want i'll pm his details

Get yourselfs on facebook, theres a group for all people who went to Woodbourne School

Hi Peter, shame what happened to Jack, i live in Durham now so don't get to see many people, last saw our Steve at a wedding a couple of months ago( he's the double of Chris 'GOD'Waddle!! :) if you want i'll pm his details

hi carl ,

yeah could you pm steves details , it would be good to get in touch

Hi just reading about some of the posts from back in the day for woodburn and some guys getting chased from the so called bannana man, (not sure ud be able to do that in this day and age) lol as explained by the rather (if explained to me correct) the obscure weird lanky pete moran. Just wondered how people were going on, if they were unlucky enough to live in that area of darnall still as it is not the same as it once was, it must be a real ball ache to no u havent progressed in life but hey ho. Well iv enjoyed reading ur posts and enjoyed the storys about certain people. Really was quite intresting as iv herd similar from my parents.

Hi just reading about some of the posts from back in the day for woodburn and some guys getting chased from the so called bannana man, (not sure ud be able to do that in this day and age) lol as explained by the rather (if explained to me correct) the obscure weird lanky pete moran. Just wondered how people were going on, if they were unlucky enough to live in that area of darnall still as it is not the same as it once was, it must be a real ball ache to no u havent progressed in life but hey ho. Well iv enjoyed reading ur posts and enjoyed the storys about certain people. Really was quite intresting as iv herd similar from my parents.

Frankly my man I`m amazed at your seemingly derogatory comments and wonder why you took the trouble to make them. The almost insulting comment "unlucky enough to live in that area of Darnall etc" and "must be a real ball ache to know you haven`t progressed in life but hey ho" left me wondering.

Who do you think you are. Possibly you should learn some manners, then learn to spell. amongst other things, this forum is for those ex pats of particular areas of Sheffield that they have fond memories of and who wish to exchange pleasant memories and comments about the old day. Oh forgot also, Woodbourne school wasn`t in Darnall it was in Attercliffe so as well as spelling and manners, you should look at geography..

Yes I recognise them. Bill Brumby, my brother Dennis, Glynn Hannan, Geoff Tavner, and Phil Thompson (I think) not too sure about Thompsons first name. I have the same picture, don't know what year or where it was taken. Do you know?

I`m one Mary Poppins` big brothers. As she say`s that photo was taken in our back yard by my dad. at the top corner of the photo is our out side toilet withut any slates on because that was used as a short cut by those ruffians in the photo as a short cut onto the rec and they would jump on to the wall and up there then onot the rec. They broke the slates and we all got wet when it rained as we say for a number 2, unless we took an umbrella !

Hi Malc

I was out with our Dennis on Saturday. My mum was 90 last week so we all went out for a meal. Do you remember my other brother John.