Woodburn Road School

Chimay, what was the name of your grandparents?

I remember the gennels too...........I broke my right arm when I was about 4 by jumping out of someone's gateway and slap bang into the opposite wall. I also split my head open by running down one full pelt and craching into the bit that stuck out. I remember going to Raymond Hall's chemist with a tea towel wrapped round my head before I was taken to the Royal.

i was at woodburn in the sixties

Do you remember Glyn and Malcolm Hannan

Did you have a sister called kathleen if so I was in the same class

diane

i was there in the late 60,s early 70,s, we lived at 57 worthing road, i can remember the fairground setting up on the field at the back of our house, i won a goldfish on that fair and it died about 3 days later..... i was gutted.

Edited by baby tiger67

Chimay, what was the name of your grandparents?

I remember the gennels too...........I broke my right arm when I was about 4 by jumping out of someone's gateway and slap bang into the opposite wall. I also split my head open by running down one full pelt and craching into the bit that stuck out. I remember going to Raymond Hall's chemist with a tea towel wrapped round my head before I was taken to the Royal.

Hi Karensun, my grandparents were the Cookes. Does the name ring any bells? My Nan died in 1965 and some time after that my grandad moved right down the common to live near my uncle and his wife.

yeah it could have been either our micheal or geoff . i think it was our mick i have a pic of me when i was a baby with our mick , dennis denial and i think it was your dennis in our back yard playing in a paddling pool lol

It was your Geoff, Dennis used to play with. Just spoke to my mum and she sometimes sees Geoff and his wife in Asda at Handsworth. She also says she remembers your dad calling the bingo numbers out in the Rads.

i lived next door to you at 153 diane wheatley got a sister kathryn and older brother david.We used to play togther as children and went every way together

I can remember sitting with your nan in your house.

My mum and yours and mrs johnson next door all used to go to the pictures together

Is your mum and dad still living, sadly my mum died 2 years ago they called her joyce

Are you married and have you got any children I have been married for 24 years and have 1 daughter Katy Louise she is 22

It good to see some old name from the attercliffe area

Hope to hear from you soon

Diane

hi diane

its good to hear from you too , my mum and dad have both died mum about four years ago . i moved up to scotland 3 years ago i'm living in troon just got a flat over looking the beach , living with my partner she has a daughter 17 . being on this site has brought back old memories

It was your Geoff, Dennis used to play with. Just spoke to my mum and she sometimes sees Geoff and his wife in Asda at Handsworth. She also says she remembers your dad calling the bingo numbers out in the Rads.

hi whiteley,

yeah it probably was our geoff he played with , my dad was so funny calling the bingo numbers out , he had a saying for most of the numbers , he was a character lol

hi whiteley,

yeah it probably was our geoff he played with , my dad was so funny calling the bingo numbers out , he had a saying for most of the numbers , he was a character lol

My mum often sits and talks about the old times when we lived on Cottingham Street. She always says what good neighbours we had. She's 89 now but still remembers everybody.

My mum often sits and talks about the old times when we lived on Cottingham Street. She always says what good neighbours we had. She's 89 now but still remembers everybody.

I can remember your mum and did you have an aunty called queenie

did they live on ripon street

I was at school with anne

I have a brother david he will be 61 this year and a sister kathryn

she will be 59 this year we lived at 153 cottingham street

my maiden name is wheatley I was the youngest (diane)

I can remember dennis denial and alf even through they were a bit older

than me

You mum was right about all the neighbours.

They called my mum joyce she will most likely remember her

sadly she died 2 years ago

it nice to see some of the old names from attercliffe who we grew up with

diane

hi diane

its good to hear from you too , my mum and dad have both died mum about four years ago . i moved up to scotland 3 years ago i'm living in troon just got a flat over looking the beach , living with my partner she has a daughter 17 . being on this site has brought back old memories

Yes it it good to see some of the old names on the site and it does

bring back some good memories, when I talk to my daughter about the

rec she does not know what I am on about

Can you remember the park keepers we used to have on the rec

I can remember the little one I think they called him frank but we were

all scared of him. A few have mentioned smiths what lived in the first jennel

I can remember the brothers I was always scared of them.

I think they used to frighten everyone

diane

Yes it it good to see some of the old names on the site and it does

bring back some good memories, when I talk to my daughter about the

rec she does not know what I am on about

Can you remember the park keepers we used to have on the rec

I can remember the little one I think they called him frank but we were

all scared of him. A few have mentioned smiths what lived in the first jennel

I can remember the brothers I was always scared of them.

I think they used to frighten everyone

diane

We her only talking about the rec keepers the other day, and I said we had one and we called him little man, and he used to scare all of us, could you imagine the kids today being scare of him.

Can you remember going up to the bumpers on the swings, and wasn't there some sand on another part accross from the rec