Woodburn Road School

I lived at 153 cottingham street went to woodbourn road 1958 - 1965

my name is diane wheatley sister kathryn and older brother david

know denials know ann whitely lived next door to taveners dennis peter & jeff does any remember them

alan 1949

yes gary was my dad died a few yrs ago now he was only 54 think he was the oldest child

Sorry to hear that, it would proably have been my older brothers who knew him

I used to go to woodbourn road school I lived at 153 cottingham street

my name is diane wheatley have a brother david and sister kathryn both older than me

we all went to woodbourn road then beaverhill

alan 1949

my name is diane wheatley have a brother david and sister kathryn both older than me

alan 1949

Hi Diane

Ann Whiteley here, how are you? Not seen you for years. Are all your family ok?

alan 1949

Hi Diane I remember you, I'm Kathie Hannan that was,how are keeping

Cannot believe I've found this thread !! Pure joy !!

I live in Spain now but was brought up in Attercliffe ( 122 Westbury Street ) and went to Woodbourn Road. I was In the same class as Rene Denial, I remember she was the tallest in the class and it's sad she died so young.

I remember Janet Haskins, Sylvia Fletcher, Linda Brand ( she had a sister but can't remember her name ) Colin Hales, Robert Smith ( couple of years older than me ), Jimmy Harley, Wendy Ducker, the Bishop family from Cottingham Street...........and poss others I can't quite grasp right now !!

Miss Hill was lovely, I remember having a nose bleed once and she laid me down in her office and covered me with her ( real ) fur coat.......nice gesture..BUT it brought on my asthma!! I remember Mr and Mrs Gledhall.............there was also a teacher and I thought I would never forget his name but I have, he once told me to go and play on the road and he threw his board rubber at me.............Oh, I also remember Diana Wells.

Cannot believe I've found this thread !! Pure joy !!

I live in Spain now but was brought up in Attercliffe ( 122 Westbury Street ) and went to Woodbourn Road. I was In the same class as Rene Denial, I remember she was the tallest in the class and it's sad she died so young.

I remember Janet Haskins, Sylvia Fletcher, Linda Brand ( she had a sister but can't remember her name ) Colin Hales, Robert Smith ( couple of years older than me ), Jimmy Harley, Wendy Ducker, the Bishop family from Cottingham Street...........and poss others I can't quite grasp right now !!

Miss Hill was lovely, I remember having a nose bleed once and she laid me down in her office and covered me with her ( real ) fur coat.......nice gesture..BUT it brought on my asthma!! I remember Mr and Mrs Gledhall.............there was also a teacher and I thought I would never forget his name but I have, he once told me to go and play on the road and he threw his board rubber at me.............Oh, I also remember Diana Wells.

When did you live in Westbury Street and attend Woodbourne Road school?

I lived at Westbury Street from 1946 till 1964 and was at Woodbourne Road school from 1951 till 66/67.

Hello Whiteley[Anne] who was the family funeral?

Hello ANNE White=== got a photo to show you will try to get it on here see if you know anybody? ps Im Malc Hs bigger brother. see you soon.

Hello Whiteley[Anne] who was the family funeral?

Hi

It would have been aunt Ethels funeral, she was my dad and uncle Moss's sister. My mum bumps into myoung Moss quite often on Darnall, in fact all 4 of them live in that area.

Ann

I lived at Westbury Street from 1946 till 1964 and was at Woodbourne Road school from 1951 till 66/67.

What number Karensun, you might have known my grandparents.