Woodburn Road School

Thats right, they moved to darnall know he had abad accident and saw him untill last couple of years x

hiya akadok, my name is kerry davison, i have sis called nickkie and brothers called craig and brett, i lived on cottingham street and went to woodburn school, whats your real name?

ann do you know my mum and dad, carol and gordon davison? we lived on cottingham street until 1980, then moved to darnall, my dad was friends with walt dennis and john whiteley are you from the same family?

Kerryd

Walter Whiteley is my cousin, he lived on Ripon Street, John and Dennis my brothers. We used to live and 141 Cottingham Street but moved in 1966. I remember Gordon Davison, not seen him for years. Dennis and your dad used to be friends with (if I remember right) Dennis Fletcher, Bill Brumby, Phil Thompson and there were two other that lived on Ripon Street but can't remember their names. Hope your mum and dad are ok.

hiya pete, im kerry davison, just a little younger than your shaz dont know if you remember me i lived next door to john parker? steven martin lives near me now at stradbroke

8 lived at 36 westbury st 1955 to 1969 ish.the names i remember are david batty he had a sister.the giivrays the woods one girl called susan i think.there was a lad who had a false leg believe he had accident.also hazel or christine jarvis.does anyone remember the langtons shoe factory?rt the bottom of westbury st.which school did david whiteley go?

The kids I remember in our gennel were, Jennifer Todd, Mark, Matthew and Elizabeth Musleh, John, Joanne and Andrea Parker, Michelle and Mick Laughton, Andrew, Penny and Christian Fletcher, Neil and Gary Pickering. In Westbury Street I remember Sharon (Connie) and Cheryl Morton, Michael and Paul Reynolds. School friends included Phillip Wiseman, Joseph Pye, Peter Moran, Simon Barlow, Mark Crump, Donna Lowe (they lived on Broad Oaks) Oh my god I feel old.

Hi

I use to live on Woodburn Rd in the 70's. Went to Hammerton school then Woodburn Rd.Do you all remember Mrs Tracey?? Everybody forgot to remember the Reck... Had some fantastic times there with Jess and Ruth. Does anybody remember Scouser Charlie Flatley???? My goodness reading all these posts has brought back fond memories of days gone by..

i went to woodbourn rd school left in 1954 lived at at 79 ripon st then lovetot rd near the woodbourn pub happy days

hello everybody who might know me my name is wayne edley i spent about 2 year i think afeter emmigrating from australia although born in sheffield. i lived on chelmsford street i remember names as craig lambert brian chadwick john stanton and peter dams, teachers include mr rennie who used tomake little badges saying best attacker etc with a little star on.mr burns geordie teacher who used to take football i remember playing in newcastle colours and getting trounced every week.i also remember having sprintsaccross yard and rounders. i was also was on the front page of the star after the local rogue antony hindmarsh who i was with at the time fell on electric cables on the railway station but somehow survived . my parents movedacross the city and i went to chaucer, it would be great to hear from anybody

Hi Wayne, you need to get across to facebook. I remember you well, the football team used to play in Celtic colours for home games, and Newcastle for away games..Used to have a good team as well !

Here is my class school photo taken around 1956 or 1957. Miss Hill was the head mistress and I think the name of the teacher was Miss Smith. I left the school in 1959 so there are only a handful of names that I can recall. Some of you may recognise yourself or maybe your mums and dads - or even grandparents I suppose !! My name then was Susan Watson. I am on the second row, 5th from the left with my hands tucked between my knees. Oh happy days !

SchoolPhoto.jpg

Edited by *SueW*