Woodburn Road School

What other schools did people go to before or after?

Edited by dacrlit

Does anyone remember a girl called Jane Thorpe who used to go to Woodbourn Road School and lived on Ripon Street? Is anyone in touch with her?

a

Anybody used to go to wouldbourn rd school in 50 s im Harry Briscoe ,,used to live on Chelmsford st then went to beaver hill secondary ,is graham CRISTAIN still coffin dodging ?? Would like to hear from any body who used to go to that school ,,,,,,

Hello Harry, I remember your sister June she was in my year, and your dad used to get take me into the pictures with you and June...do you remember?

Some years ago got into contact with Chris adlingtons cousin ,,she told me chris had died some years earlier ,used to live over bridge in dolphin st ,,( pit houses ) any body else used to live there ?? Harry briscoe

---------- Post added 06-03-2017 at 18:00 ----------

my name is graham Christian, I was brought up on ripon street. I remember lots of people who lived around the area from 1950 to 1965. I lived at number 182 across the road from the baines family who were the local window cleaners.
hi graham it's Harry Briscoe if you get this ring 01709376354

Hi any body who went to beaver hill and left in 59 contact me Harry all you coffin dodgers ,,,

---------- Post added 06-04-2017 at 08:48 ----------

Hello Harry, I remember your sister June she was in my year, and your dad used to get take me into the pictures with you and June...do you remember?

Hi you don't mention your name ,,re Harry June died a couple of years ago ,,Harry Briscoe

---------- Post added 09-04-2017 at 12:53 ----------

Hi what's your name re harry

---------- Post added 09-04-2017 at 12:54 ----------

Hi what's your name re harry

My Grandmother was a teacher at the Woodburn school in 1924! That is where she met my Grandfather Bryer Williams who was already a teacher there. I have picture of here 40 boys class in that year! Does anyone have further picture from that year? I might find my grandfather on it!!! He died before I was born!

Right guys n girls, if you went to Woodburn Road School at anytime before it closed, there is a tour/reunion being arranged as we speak. Refreshments and photos are being arranged too! Don't miss this opportunity to go back to our old School to taken one last look. Spread the word! Will let you know what day and time asap

On 31/07/2012 at 23:43, Karensun said:

Funnily enough I went to a bit of a reunion when I was in the UK at the end of last year. I met up with Bob Smith ( no change!! ) and Graham Symcox and his bright red hair was replaced with grey, but as mine is white what can you say?? Wonderful to see them again, and the others from Sheffield, but not Woodburn Road School.

Hi, only just found this forum but have read your post.  Did Graham have a brother called John.  if he did I started at Woodbourne school with john and became best friends.  Started at the school age 5 in 1957 and left for Beaver Hill in 1962.

On 07/06/2010 at 22:07, diamondjack said:

Hi I am Jackie (Sharman) and went to Woodbourn Road from about 1964 to 1970 before going to Waltheof. We lived on Jessell Street - sister Terri, and Mandy (Pilling) and brother Tony next to Mrs Southern - dinner lady at school - used to bang the table with a spoon and shout 'use your folk' and count the squares of toilet roll you could have! Also lived next to Beverley and Deborah Strutt and next but one to 'Uncle Jud and Auntie Anne' Sutcliffe plus their sons Mitchell and Shane. My friends were Pamela, Gillian and Jennifer Todd, Westbury Street, Beverley and Jackie Clifton and Susan McKenna off Woodbourn Rd. Remember all the gennels and the rec, the wooden bridge at the top to the allotments, going to attercliffe rads club with my dad on sunday dinner, the fair, the shops 'down cliff' going to oaks green launderette with my mum every saturday morning, the outside loos - but still loved it. also had a saturday job at the big beer off - Andrews. got married in 1979 and moved 7 doors away but onto worthing road next door but one to bob the butchers. would love to hear from anyone who remembers me

Hi Jackie, only just found this forum.  I think you must have lived at 13 Jessell St.  if so that is where I was born, in 1952,  Lived there until 1964.  I think the Sutcliffes were at number 9, Southern number 11, us the Capilles at 13 and the Hudsoms at 15,   I have 2 brothers, one older and one younger than me, also a sister who is the youngest.