Woodburn Road School

Hi.

I went to School, and was in same class as Mick Brisco

Does anyone remember the Bean sisters at Woodburn Road? They must have been there in the 1950's. They come up as a side story in an anecdote told by my uncle who attended there for a short time. I've often wondered who they were and what they looked like. He fancied them like mad.

Hi My name is Carly i'm the granddaughter of Hazel Jarvis my mum was born in 1965 on Westbury St. Im wanting to find out a bit more about my grandma's life growing up so can anyone remember her or her sisters christine and elaine? she went to woodbourne road school and whitby road school and i think her best friend was a girl called vera.

I am also wanting to find out more about a man my grandma used to court. His name was Derek and he lived above a newsagent on Nidd Road which his mum and dad used to own. This is all the information I have so anything more would be much appreciated. Thankyou.

Could ripon street get in touch

---------- Post added 09-01-2015 at 21:36 ----------

Graham Christian get in touch

Hi graham it's harry Briscoe if you get this ring me on 01709 376354 harry:l:(

Hi yes I'm mocks brother harry give me your phone no I'll pass it on to him re harry

I went to Woodburn in the late 60s my best mate was Neil AKA fuzzie we both moved to Beaver hill always wondered what happened to him

my name is graham Christian, I was brought up on ripon street. I remember lots of people who lived around the area from 1950 to 1965. I lived at number 182 across the road from the baines family who were the local window cleaners.

Hi graham its Harry Briscoe if you get this ring 01709376354 ,

---------- Post added 21-09-2015 at 19:27 ----------

Hi graham its harry Briscoe if you get this rein 01709 376354

---------- Post added 21-09-2015 at 19:31 ----------

Did anyone go to Woodburn school before the mass exidous, I lived on Cottingham st. and used to go to Hamerton infants.

Hi I lived in chelmsford street left in 65 im harry Briscoe

Hi I went to Woodbury road school between 1947-1955.

I remember teachers such as, mr schofield, mr proctor, mr gledhall and mrs gledhall, mr cornwathwaite he was deputy head teacher I think, then they was mrs savage...

And then in my class I remember, Margery foster, Mary Hallis, Betty Stuart, Maureen north, Maureen cliff, Joan helliwell, Cyril Hallis, Steven Eblet, Helen methley, Donald Watson, Muriel Clements...

Does anyone remember me, my name is Valerie ollerenshaw. Nick name fat val I live at number 50 ripon street (hill)

Hi Valerie

I don't know you as you were leaving school just as I was about to start. But I wonder if you have had a look at the "Woodbourn Road School" site on Facebook? Less than two weeks ago I met a wonderful lady called Diane Lyons with whom I'd had no contact for 58 years! We had so much to talk about and it was lovely reunion. I lived on Cottingham Street until 1959 when we moved out of the area.

My name then was Susan Watson and I remember quite a few of the people who are in the photos that were recently posted on the Woodbourn Road Facebook page.

Hope that you have some success hearing from some of the people that you have mentioned. Me and Diane are going to meet again later in the year.

Does anybody remember my dad Terence Little, who went to this school ??

a

Anybody used to go to wouldbourn rd school in 50 s im Harry Briscoe ,,used to live on Chelmsford st then went to beaver hill secondary ,is graham CRISTAIN still coffin dodging ?? Would like to hear from any body who used to go to that school ,,,,,,

Edited by nikki-red