Woodburn Road School

yes i know alan, not seen him for a while. i also was a freind to barry (brains) and fat alan his brother. those were the days eh?!!.

Alan is ok he goes in the terminus at darnall the two Walker brothers were top lads.

I think your time with Duggie was the 60's and seventies when Norman was in the loop, did you know Harold Presley and Brian Williams both recently died in Thailand??

Alan is ok he goes in the terminus at darnall the two Walker brothers were top lads.

I think your time with Duggie was the 60's and seventies when Norman was in the loop, did you know Harold Presley and Brian Williams both recently died in Thailand??

in the sixties and seventies i knew harold very well!. i was stood in a hotel in casablanca north africa somtime in the seventies when somone tapped me on the sholder, it was harold!. i wont tell you what i was doing there or harold, but we wasent on the tourist trail!!. it was the end of an era when harold died. i remember when he had the jewerlers shop .there was more tricky deals went on there, than there was in the italian job. great days though.

in the sixties and seventies i knew harold very well!. i was stood in a hotel in casablanca north africa somtime in the seventies when somone tapped me on the sholder, it was harold!. i wont tell you what i was doing there or harold, but we wasent on the tourist trail!!. it was the end of an era when harold died. i remember when he had the jewerlers shop .there was more tricky deals went on there, than there was in the italian job. great days though.

Tony Wilkinson was also in Africa when Harrold was on his toes over there.

Both my brothers and sister went to woodbourn school about the same time as you, their name is Hannan, do you know them

I went to Woodbourn Road from 1950 till 1960 I suppose, infants and juniors.I remember Mrs Hill, head mistress and Mrs Gleadhall. Mr Gleadhall was there too, plump little guy. i remember the pre fab classrooms and a girl called Diana Wells with ringlets. Janet Haskins, Sylvia Fletcher and Rene Denial were in my class too although poor Rene was killed in an accident in the 70's in Australia, I think. Stuart Gregory and Colin Hales and Jimmy Harley I remember and Robert Smith. The Bishops, who lived on Cottingham Street I knew well and used to call Mrs Bishop Aunty Dot and loved being in her house even tho there was not much room you were always welcome and fed along with all her kids!

This forum is GREAT for a walk down memory lane. I live in Spain now, but ofter 'pop' in to catch up.

i remember carol bishop she turned out to look like a film star. we were together for a while during the seventies. i was gutted when she died a few years ago.i remember the harleys. i must have been in the same class has you?. i started in 1950. whats your name@.

Tony Wilkinson was also in Africa when Harrold was on his toes over there.

its years ago since i last saw tony wilkinson, spent some good tims with him. do you remember his dad chippy harold. i remember tony jumping out of a police car on ladys bridge and landing in the river! when he was in durban south africa, he got him self in some trouble with a policemans wife and had to come back home where he was incaserated for a while. do you see him at all?. whats your name?.

ripon street....................my name then was Karen Gregory...........

My Dad was Harry and was a railwayman and mt Mum Doris and she was a GPO telephonist,

its years ago since i last saw tony wilkinson, spent some good tims with him. do you remember his dad chippy harold. i remember tony jumping out of a police car on ladys bridge and landing in the river! when he was in durban south africa, he got him self in some trouble with a policemans wife and had to come back home where he was incaserated for a while. do you see him at all?. whats your name?.

The last time I saw him was a few years ago with Dennis Hobson and Bruce Walker at a wedding he left early after a discussion confirmed he was a double agent.

The last time I saw him was a few years ago with Dennis Hobson and Bruce Walker at a wedding he left early after a discussion confirmed he was a double agent.

i did hear he was doing deals with the other firm, but found that hard to beleve. bruce walker, anouther name i havent heared for many years. do you know john barrett and barry dorsey?. you still havent told me your name?. tony cannetti, remember him?.

billy brumby...alan peirce....jeff seaman(he was murded in africa some years ago)....tommy pigott...walt christian...marilyn mycock....sandra cook....dqavid artcliff... george mitchell....edwin rayworth..just afew names of some people who went to woodburn school from 1950 to 1962.

billy brumby...alan peirce....jeff seaman(he was murded in africa some years ago)....tommy pigott...walt christian...marilyn mycock....sandra cook....dqavid artcliff... george mitchell....edwin rayworth..just afew names of some people who went to woodburn school from 1950 to 1962.

I know the name Billy Brumby I think he was brothers mate, Glyn Hannan do you know him, or Malcolm Hannan, or Marie Hannan

My brother went to Woodbourn Road school with Bill Brumby, his name is Dennis Whiteley, we lived on Cottingham Street