Woodburn Road School

Where abouts on Ripon Street, knew quite a few people who lived on there.

we lived at 182 ripon street my name is graham christian anyone remember our family?.

Hi every one. I also went to Woodbourn Road School, but left in 1957 so am a bit older than most of you. We lived on Woobourn Road No 93 next to the Chapel. It was a great school, and I have many happy memories. Any one out there my age?

my name is graham christian ,i was at school the same time as you. can you remember the tuck shop?.

my name is graham christian, i went to woodburn school from 1951 to 1959. lived at 182 ripon street. anyone out there remember me?.

My hubby went to Woodburn school, He lived at the greengrocers

on the corner of Ripon Street/Worthing Road :D

ask your husband if he rembers the mitchells. they lived opposit the greengroces and old man wilsons shop?.

Hi every one. I also went to Woodbourn Road School, but left in 1957 so am a bit older than most of you. We lived on Woobourn Road No 93 next to the Chapel. It was a great school, and I have many happy memories. Any one out there my age?

i went to woodburn road school and like you i left in 1957.whats your name?. I lived on ripon street.

my name is graham christian, i went to woodburn school from 1951 to 1959. lived at 182 ripon street. anyone out there remember me?.

Do you know Alan Kelsey?

My dad went to Woodburn Road school, Brian Cooper lived Woodburn Hill, I think, does anyone remember him?

Edited by Sooperdooper
Road name wrong

I lived at Westbury Street from 1946 till 1964 and was at Woodbourne Road school from 1951 till 66/67.

my great grandmother and her daughter ethall lived on westbury street around the same time as your family. their name was thomson. ethalls daughter was called gladis. my name is christian, i was at woodburn road school the same years as you. my best mate at school was tony makenna. i lived at 182 ripon street.

I think I remember a Christian in school...........could do with a pic!! I lived at 122, just on the corner!

I went to Woodbourn Road from 1950 till 1960 I suppose, infants and juniors.I remember Mrs Hill, head mistress and Mrs Gleadhall. Mr Gleadhall was there too, plump little guy. i remember the pre fab classrooms and a girl called Diana Wells with ringlets. Janet Haskins, Sylvia Fletcher and Rene Denial were in my class too although poor Rene was killed in an accident in the 70's in Australia, I think. Stuart Gregory and Colin Hales and Jimmy Harley I remember and Robert Smith. The Bishops, who lived on Cottingham Street I knew well and used to call Mrs Bishop Aunty Dot and loved being in her house even tho there was not much room you were always welcome and fed along with all her kids!

This forum is GREAT for a walk down memory lane. I live in Spain now, but ofter 'pop' in to catch up.

mr gledhall was religious teacher if you misbehaved he used to wack you with a little flat bat called miss hard lips!, i felt it a few times.

Funnily enough I went to a bit of a reunion when I was in the UK at the end of last year. I met up with Bob Smith ( no change!! ) and Graham Symcox and his bright red hair was replaced with grey, but as mine is white what can you say?? Wonderful to see them again, and the others from Sheffield, but not Woodburn Road School.

Do you know Alan Kelsey?

yes i know alan, not seen him for a while. i also was a freind to barry (brains) and fat alan his brother. those were the days eh?!!.