Woodburn Road School

well here goes just been looking at all the posts and a few names have popped up that i remember!!

(im taking a deep breath)we lived at 144 cottingham street,me and my brother andrew kemp who has been mentioned we moved 1979 to hillsborough,i went woodbourne then beaverhill , i remember penny fletcher and andrew ,wayne lycette,michelle hirst,colin wright,jennifer mcveigh,mandy kelwick,anne wilson,brian chadwick,john stanton colin wright,craig lambert ,terry from down the road,the dreaded smiths every kids nightmare in attercliffe,

piggy smith with his brown suit with sick down it on his bike well scary,then reg smith with his evil drunken shouting that when you were a kid you would lie in bed wondering if he could get in the house!!lol i remember mr rennie,mrs whitehouse she was brill,miss burns who went to canada,mrs ring ,mr simms who used bang his hand soooo hard on dinner tables if you talked to much at lunch,i loved rounders long summer nights the wreck , iron bridge,more people barry cook from nxt door,paul damms,colin gregory,simon swallow,gary pickering,beverly taylor ,alison lawless,gillian storey,terry dyson,tracy walton,zanub thoeman,salar ohmar,susan bonsall,lorraine beal,wendy bowers,carol white,anwar off broad oaks,i need a breath lol much more will come back im sure if i shake the grey matter more!! by the way im mandy lol would love to hear from the old school pals x p.s.does anyone remember the jubilee street party on cottingham street?

Hi everyone,

My name is Mark Thompson and I used to live at 140 Westbury Street. I have sisters Marie, Denise, Jean and brother Dennis. We moved to Parsons Cross in 1981 and I lost touch with everyone when I left school in 1982. I went to Woodburne and Waltheof. I would really like to find John Parker, Mark Musleh, Paul Barker, Phillip Wiseman, Michael and Paul Reynolds, Michelle Hirst and Dale Maw. I am in contact with Michelle Laughton and Gary Pickering, Simon Barlow Penny and Andrew Fletcher.

Would be great to hear from anyone who remembers me and it would also be great to have a reunion.

Let me know who would be up for it.

Mark

Hi Everyone

I have started a Facebook group for Woodbourn Rd, School but the forum wont let me post the link until I have made 5 posts so here goes.

Mark

I'm so pleased that this thread has re-surfaced as I wasn't using the internet when the original message was posted in 2006. Well here goes - I went to Woodbourn Road school from 1955 to 1959 - which was when we moved out of the area. I lived at 158 Cottingham Street, near to the corner of Jessell Street. Some names I remember are Diane Stewart (who lived at the top of Worthing Road ), Ann Carey, Jill Turner, Hazel Armstrong and Diane Littlewood. Also David Eblet, Jonathan Whiteley and brother & sister Derek and Davina Hird. I have a class photo which must have been taken around 1956 and I can still remember lots of the faces but most of the names escape me. I think Mrs Gledhill was my very first teacher and I remember sitting next to a girl called Christine with a Polish surname - something similar to Wawzyniak. My name then was Susan Watson. It would be lovely to hear from anyone who remembers me.

terry cooper was the one with downs syndrome i think, i used to live at 155 cottingham street, mext door to me was john joanne and andrea pparker ad they lived next door to terry cooper, across the road lived the smiths(piggy) as we called them, how scary were they? I remember the loony brother who used to walk around in fancy dress with an empty pram! the one in the brown suit moved to darnall he lived just down from my sis on uttley close. I remember playing two balls on terry coopers house as they were the end house, i remember gareth, and aadam i think, cant remember their surname they used to live on jessel street.

ann do you know my mum and dad, carol and gordon davison? we lived on cottingham street until 1980, then moved to darnall, my dad was friends with walt dennis and john whiteley are you from the same family?

terry cooper was the one with downs syndrome i think, i used to live at 155 cottingham street, mext door to me was john joanne and andrea pparker ad they lived next door to terry cooper, across the road lived the smiths(piggy) as we called them, how scary were they? I remember the loony brother who used to walk around in fancy dress with an empty pram! the one in the brown suit moved to darnall he lived just down from my sis on uttley close. I remember playing two balls on terry coopers house as they were the end house, i remember gareth, and aadam i think, cant remember their surname they used to live on jessel street.

It was Gareth Thomas, Kerry!