Woodburn Road School

I used to go to Woodbourn Rd School and also lived on Chelmsford Street at 136.

I left the school in 1954 I think and then went to the Central Tech.

I just posted a message asking for pictures around Chelmsford Street and area and the School.

Does anyone remember Sharon Rippon she had a brother called Paul and a younger sister called Marie we were great friends.They lived at the bottom of Westbury Street (Dexel end ) Id love to catch up with her .

I used to go to Woodbourn Rd School and also lived on Chelmsford Street at 136.

I left the school in 1954 I think and then went to the Central Tech.

I just posted a message asking for pictures around Chelmsford Street and area and the School.

hi mikefisher

i left school in 1953 my nickname was gollywog or my real name is

jack gelsthorpe u mite know my brother his name was ted gelsthorpe i think he left about the same time as u we lived in dolphin street better knone as Indian vilage best regards

Sorry Jack. I don't recall either you or Ted.

Could be my memory is fading faster than I thought!:)

hi im alan dale went from woodburn 78-79 then moved across the city. Was in mrs ring's class. Can hardly remember anyone, only chris poole, shaun gill and wayne lee? Any help?

hi im alan dale went from woodburn 78-79 then moved across the city. Was in mrs ring's class. Can hardly remember anyone, only chris poole, shaun gill and wayne lee? Any help?

I was at Woodbourne at this time, but unfortunately only remember the name Wayne Lee out of the above and I think he was a little older than me and I think he had a sister/cousin called Jane. What about the names Peter Moran, Jeremy Proudfoot, Jackie Bolsover, Kay Chin, Angela Haynes, John Haynes, do these names sound familiar? Got a feeling these were around Wayne Lees age.

sorry cant remember them names. I do remember scarpering from the coal bunker when a teacher spotted us.

Are you related to Christine Crapper, she was in my class at school and I know Adele Crump, would she be your sister, if i remember you lived across the road from Christine. Keving Pollard is my cousins son, they lived across from you didn't they.

My mum is christine crapper well her name is now carter she lives in Hackenthorpe, sheffield, and adelle is my aunty

My mum is christine crapper well her name is now carter she lives in Hackenthorpe, sheffield, and adelle is my aunty

I was really good friends with your mum, haven't seen her for years. I remember going to her house on Broad Oaks. Will you tell her Ann Whiteley has asked about her, hope she's ok. Is her mum ok, the last time I saw her she was on holiday with Brian in Alcudia. Pass my best wishes onto them both.

I was really good friends with your mum, haven't seen her for years. I remember going to her house on Broad Oaks. Will you tell her Ann Whiteley has asked about her, hope she's ok. Is her mum ok, the last time I saw her she was on holiday with Brian in Alcudia. Pass my best wishes onto them both.

just rang me mum and she says hello back them were the good days. Brenda doin ok once i have got my mum sorted out with the internet i'll get her to reply back to you

hi whiteley yes Christine crapper is my cousin,my mum was a crapper, Adele Crump is my sister she now lives in cyprus my brothers are stuart, gary, steven, and another sister kathleen. I did live across the road from kevin pollard he was my best mate back in the olden days, id love to know how he is keeping.Our christine also lived across the street from me infact all my family lived on broadoaks.

Hiya markster this is ur cousin lindsay, christines daughter i think that the last time that i saw u i was just a little girl i have 2 kids myself now, mum and rest of family o.k how r things ur end love 2 here from u x:hihi:

Hi I'm new to this thread. I left Woodburn Rd school around 1964, and lived on Cottingham St. Anyone remember a teacher called Mrs Ghosh.She always wore a sari. She was our class teacher. My classmates were Cheryl Smith,now in Australia, Vicky Hallas, Linda Gee, Pat Thompson, Marilyn Smith, Ian Hodgson, Paul Peaker, Fred Bates, John Shaw, Stephen Gregg. I know Stephen had a bad car accident when he was about 17, which left him wheelchair bound, but he made a name for himself in the sporting field. John lived in the shop on Wooburn Rd, on the corner with Arras St, and Marilyn lived virtually opposite the shop. Pat Thompson and Ian Hodgson also lived on Woodburn Rd, near to Staniforth Rd. Vicky lived on Ripon St, near to Linda, who lived on Arras St. Paul Peaker lived on Chelmsford St, and I think Fred lived on Ripon St. Where are they all now? -I'd love to know.