David brooks sheff u

I enjoy promotion I'm not at all bothered about the Premier League but if I've seen a season with good football and more wins than losses its a success in my eyes.

Hopefully the gap will still be evident in league position.

Considering your multi million pound squad and us signing players from the pub league how big a gap would you deem a success?

Considering your multi million pound squad and us signing players from the pub league how big a gap would you deem a success?

I'll tell you in May 2018.

---------- Post added 20-07-2017 at 14:45 ----------

So there we have it folks,the possibility of Wednesday never being in the Premier League again can be 'success'.

Not said that in the slightest, I detest the Premier League/Sky tv etc and what they've done for football, that has nothing to do with my clubs position.

I've thoroughly enjoyed our 2 years of failure did you enjoy your 9yrs of putting money to good use tumbling down the leagues.

Stop kidding yourself :hihi:

---------- Post added 20-07-2017 at 13:43 ----------

Envy :hihi::hihi:

You went from the Prem to 5yrs in L1 what would you call detrimental?

---------- Post added 20-07-2017 at 13:44 ----------

Not in a hole I'm not bothered in the slightest 5 players took pens and didn't score as many as the opposition which is the aim, its history I've moved on.

And you attribute this to selling academy players? :hihi:

The only notable academy transfers out of the club at that time was a double transfer of Naughton and Walker, both of whom were young and raw. Whilst this wasn't a welcome move for us fans, it raised a ridiculous amount of money, which at that point the club needed to balance the books. Needless to say that the sale of these two players wasn't the reason for our decline, walker even came back on loan and couldn't do much to help a club in free fall.

Our tumble down the leagues was nothing to do with Academy sales what so ever and I am bewilder as to how you are trying to attribute it as being detrimental? Please provide an explanation and proof?

The real reason behind our downfall was that our fall from the top flight led to a huge transition in the club. Top flight clubs and even Championship clubs cherry picked our best talent in Tongue, Kilgallon, Beattie, Kenny, Cotterill and many more as they knew we needed to get the wage bill down in the long term and balance the books. Over the course of several seasons, bad management led to mediocre replacements being brought in and a heavy reliance on the loan system, inevitably this cost us in the long term.

Nothing in the slightest to do with your "theory".

And you attribute this to selling academy players? :hihi:

The only notable academy transfers out of the club at that time was a double transfer of Naughton and Walker, both of whom were young and raw. Whilst this wasn't a welcome move for us fans, it raised a ridiculous amount of money, which at that point the club needed to balance the books. Needless to say that the sale of these two players wasn't the reason for our decline, walker even came back on loan and couldn't do much to help a club in free fall.

Our tumble down the leagues was nothing to do with Academy sales what so ever and I am bewilder as to how you are trying to attribute it as being detrimental? Please provide an explanation and proof?

The real reason behind our downfall was that our fall from the top flight led to a huge transition in the club. Top flight clubs and even Championship clubs cherry picked our best talent in Tongue, Kilgallon, Beattie, Kenny, Cotterill and many more as they knew we needed to get the wage bill down in the long term and balance the books. Over the course of several seasons, bad management led to mediocre replacements being brought in and a heavy reliance on the loan system, inevitably this cost us in the long term.

Nothing in the slightest to do with your "theory".

So can you explain then how the "best academy outside the top flight" has benefitted the club?

Not said that in the slightest, I detest the Premier League/Sky tv etc and what they've done for football, that has nothing to do with my clubs position.

No,what you said was as long as you see some good football and more wins than losses,that is success,which means that Wednesday could never reach the PL again and still be classed as a success, according to you.

Edited by chalga

So can you explain then how the "best academy outside the top flight" has benefitted the club?

I will when you answer my question of how it has proven detrimental to the club? And how the double sale of Walker and Naughton for £10m was detrimental and led to us tumbling from the top flight to league one?

Are you saying that money coming in from selling players is not a benefit to a club then?

Haha good answer.

Are you saying that money coming in from selling players is not a benefit to a club then?

All depends how its used, if its reinvested into the first team to replace the outgoing players with equal or better quality and the team improves year on year then yes, if not no.

All depends how its used, if its reinvested into the first team to replace the outgoing players with equal or better quality and the team improves year on year then yes, if not no.

It can be used for a number of things and still be a benefit,paying down debt or tax.Some clubs don't do that and enter administration,or nearly do.

It can be used for a number of things and still be a benefit,paying down debt or tax.Some clubs don't do that and enter administration,or nearly do.

So the aim of an academy is to pay a clubs debt and tax bills - how odd.

So the aim of an academy is to pay a clubs debt and tax bills - how odd.

We aren't talking about what the aim of an academy is,we're talking about whether money coming into the club from selling players is a benefit or not.