Dog fighting in hillsborough?

So every few weeks around 1pm I can hear so many dogs barking and yelping, it's horrible to listen to, sounds like it's on the fields on peristone road near sainsburys. Wondering if anyone has heard it or knows anything? I've started logging dates and times from tonight (it's going on now) rang the police who don't care and would only accept it as a noise complaint which isn't the issue and the rspca who cant do anything either till I see it. So my only option seems to be follow the noise to what I suspect is Nasty group of people.

Do you mean Sainsburys in Wadsley Bridge, of Halifax Road?

So every few weeks around 1pm I can hear so many dogs barking and yelping, it's horrible to listen to, sounds like it's on the fields on peristone road near sainsburys. Wondering if anyone has heard it or knows anything? I've started logging dates and times from tonight (it's going on now) rang the police who don't care and would only accept it as a noise complaint which isn't the issue and the rspca who cant do anything either till I see it. So my only option seems to be follow the noise to what I suspect is Nasty group of people.

If it is dog fighting, then it needs to be stopped absolutely, but are you certain it is? I don't say that to be mean, but could it be foxes?

I noticed you said 1pm (I wondered if it could be 1am, given you said you were logging times 'from tonight'). Reason I say foxes is that we have quite a few on the ground behind our house, and they get really, really loud. I think they're most likely indulging in a bit of vulpine passion, but they sound like dogs fighting. It sounded so similar we've looked out to see what's happening before and seen foxes charging round.

It might not be that, but it could be.

If it is dog fighting, then it needs to be stopped absolutely, but are you certain it is? I don't say that to be mean, but could it be foxes?

I noticed you said 1pm (I wondered if it could be 1am, given you said you were logging times 'from tonight'). Reason I say foxes is that we have quite a few on the ground behind our house, and they get really, really loud. I think they're most likely indulging in a bit of vulpine passion, but they sound like dogs fighting. It sounded so similar we've looked out to see what's happening before and seen foxes charging round.

It might not be that, but it could be.

Foxes sound like a cat being strangled.

Foxes sound like a cat being strangled.

Ours have a very doggy type sound. They do sometimes sound like a cat too. Maybe they're doing impressions!

Guest makapaka

Follow the noise all the way to the Police dog kennels at Niagara you mean........

I sometimes wonder how often the sarcasm and pedantry encountered on here deters people from acting on their concerns.?

But if it is happening around lunchtime, it's pretty unlikely to be an organised dogfight. If in the early hours, could be. If it's the police kennels, why would it only happen intermittently? Looks like you might have to go sleuthing.to find out for certain.

Follow the noise all the way to the Police dog kennels at Niagara you mean........

I was going to say the same. We can hear them occasionally and we live on Middlewood Rd side of the river.

keep away from those people try council again its anti social behaviour

Guest makapaka
I sometimes wonder how often the sarcasm and pedantry encountered on here deters people from acting on their concerns.?

But if it is happening around lunchtime, it's pretty unlikely to be an organised dogfight. If in the early hours, could be. If it's the police kennels, why would it only happen intermittently? Looks like you might have to go sleuthing.to find out for certain.

It's the police dog kennels.

Organising a dog fight adjacent to the police dog handling unit would be pretty stupid.

I agree its most likely the police dogs. You can hear them from quite a distance at times. I'm sure its nothing to worry about. Maybe its feeding or excersize times and they get a bit giddy?

yes just bury your head in the sand these things never happen in this day and age, your whole existence may be akin to bobby Ewing's dream in the hit show Dallas.