New stop smoking study in Sheffield

Hello to everyone -

I do hope that this thread is acceptable, if not I apologise.

It is about a new study aiming to all those who wish to stop smoking - and get something back in return (apart from a health improvement).

Further information follows - I will also be following the thread as well, to respond to any questions that people might have.

"Are you a current smoker who wishes to stop smoking?

Would you be interested in being supported in your stop smoking attempt by an experienced advisor and use either e-cigarettes or the NHS stop smoking services?

Then contact us!

Sheffield Hallam University is undertaking an ethically-approved study, funded by Heart Research UK that will explore the effects of e-cigarettes on the arteries and small veins in people making a stop-smoking attempt.

All participants will be randomly allocated to one of the three study groups:

In one group, participants will receive free nicotine-rich e-cigarettes and refills for a 3-month period as well as advice on how to successfully stop smoking.

In another group, participants will receive similar advice as well as complimentary, nicotine-free e-cigarettes and refills for a 3-month period.

Finally, one group of participants will be referred to the NHS stop smoking services and will be reimbursed by the research team for their stop smoking prescription expenses.

Participation in the study will be free and assessments will take place in Collegiate Hall in Collegiate Crescent Campus of Sheffield Hallam University.

Participants using their own transport will receive complimentary parking.

To receive more information, please contact Dr. Gareth Jones (Telephone Number: 01142254312, E-mail: [email protected]) or

visit https://ecig2017.wordpress.com/about/

I would like to take part. Michael desmond 07920223518

Hello Michael.

Thanks - Please have a read-through of the study information on the website, if you haven't done so already, and one of my colleagues will give you a ring tomorrow.

Edited by jamichi1

I have sent you an email about this study.

I have sent you an email about this study.

Great - We will be in touch. Thanks.

I've recently stopped smoking using a mixture on nicotinell, willpower and stubbornness

So far its going well.

If anyone wants to help the OP please contact via the method requested.