Sheffield Wednesday feeling the pinch of FFP.

Anyone know if there's a Sheff Forum FF?

?????????????????

we need a top full back ,a top midfield player ,do this break the stupid rules,if in top 3

at xmas spend more ,guarantee promotion and problem solved.

Whilst not about Wednesday it is about FFP, I can't see how they are going to control it when players earn so much. I copied the text below off Sky transfer centre. A Man City player stalling on a contract of £30,000 a week at 17 years old, the game truly has gone mad.

The Sun*are reporting that*Arsenal*look well placed to sign academy winger*Jadon Sancho*from*Manchester*City.

Apparently the 17-year-old is stalling on signing a new three-year deal worth £30,000-a-week and is keen to join Arsenal "in search of a clearer pathway to senior football

The chairman confirmed at the steering group tonight that there is still money available for players which dispels some of the comments above. He did say that it could impact should we not go up this season

We offered £3m for Sean Morrison, Cardiff asked for £4.5m, we upped the offer they demanded £6m we upped to £6m they asked for £8m - the deal broke down at that stage.

Edited by top4718

The chairman confirmed at the steering group tonight that there is still money available for players which dispels some of the comments above. He did say that it could impact should we not go up this season

We offered £3m for Sean Morrison, Cardiff asked for £4.5m, we upped the offer they demanded £6m we upped to £6m they asked for £8m - the deal broke down at that stage.

nothing to do with money for players its the wages transfer fees dont count

Thats not how I understand it.

What I don't understand is why we don't sell a striker or central midfielder or both in order to fund a couple of defenders.

What I don't understand is why we don't sell a striker or central midfielder or both in order to fund a couple of defenders.

We don't need to at the moment, we might next season.

It covers both transfer fees and wages amongst other things.....although stadium & training facilities expenditure is exempt.

I say sell a forward and a midfield man and bring in a good full back

yeah i agree, lets sell Dave.......please :hihi:

Thats not how I understand it.

definatley wages not sure how it works in the championship but in league 1 i understand we was very close the season before last to the ffp