Road resurfacing, Amey & Streets Ahead

55 minutes ago, makapaka said:

I don’t get why they’re resurfacing europa link - it’s not been there any length of time and the road seems fine.

Do you mean this Europa Link.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.3959358,-1.3929224,3a,75y,74.32h,84.81t/data=!3m5!1e1!3m3!1sijtCqaPL1WSqyPSfc1081w!2e0!6s%2F%2Fgeo2.ggpht.com%2Fcbk%3Fpanoid%3DijtCqaPL1WSqyPSfc1081w%26output%3Dthumbnail%26cb_client%3Dmaps_sv.tactile.gps%26thumb%3D2%26w%3D203%26h%3D100%26yaw%3D23.35233%26pitch%3D0%26thumbfov%3D100?hl=en&authuser=0

Looks in need of resurfacing to me.

Wasn't it put down about 20 years ago to serve the airport?

14 minutes ago, Longcol said:

If that was put down twenty years ago , someone needs to be held accountable for it , but guess what ? They wont

13 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

If that was put down twenty years ago , someone needs to be held accountable for it , but guess what ? They wont

20 years is hardly "a few years" per your last post - and it's probably taken more hammer than some of the roads that haven't been done in 30 years.

Have a look at Kent Council's website - maintenance needed 15 to 20 years after a complete renewal.

https://www.kent.gov.uk/roads-and-travel/what-we-look-after/roads/road-and-pavement-planned-maintenance/types-of-road-and-pavement-treatments

Edited by Longcol

14 minutes ago, Longcol said:

20 years is hardly "a few years" per your last post - and it's probably taken more hammer than some of the roads that haven't been done in 30 years.

Have a look at Kent Council's website - 15 to 20 years needed after a complete renewal.

https://www.kent.gov.uk/roads-and-travel/what-we-look-after/roads/road-and-pavement-planned-maintenance/types-of-road-and-pavement-treatments

We are in Sheffield.  Many roads are in a far worse condition  than that and still waiting to be done under the  contract . Are you trying to say  that new roads  should be redone after 20 years ?

Edited by hackey lad

7 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Are you trying to say  that new roads  should be redone after 20 years ?

Not me saying new roads likely to need maintenance after 15-20 years - Kent County Council saying that - I'm sure I could find numerous other links - theirs was the first I came across.

Now your turn - find a link that says a new road should always last for longer - or are we to assume you are having your usual pop at SCC without any evidence to back it up.

Edited by Longcol

8 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Not me saying new roads likely to need maintenance after 15-20 years - Kent County Council saying that - I'm sure I could find numerous other links - theirs was the first I came across.

Now your turn - find a link that says a new road should always last for longer - or are we to assume you are having your usual pop at SCC without any evidence to back it up.

Again not bothered about Kent . I know for fact, a main ,heavy traffic road through the estate I grew up on  , was recently resurfaced after 40 plus years . Guess what ?  Someone has been back digging up and redoing  after less than 2 years .

5 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Again not bothered about Kent . I know for fact, a main ,heavy traffic road through the estate I grew up on  , was recently resurfaced after 40 plus years . Guess what ?  Someone has been back digging up and redoing  after less than 2 years .

Let's go back to your original post #538 where you said;

"If that was put down twenty years ago , someone needs to be held accountable for it , but guess what ? They wont.

All I'm asking for is evidence from a decent source - like a Conservative County Council in this case - that all roads should last 20 years. Otherwise we can assume you're just having a pop at SCC without evidence to back it up.

Guest makapaka
1 hour ago, Longcol said:

Yeah it does.

i used it for work regularly 3/4 years back and in my head i remembered it pretty much brand new but you’re right.

43 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

We are in Sheffield.  Many roads are in a far worse condition  than that and still waiting to be done under the  contract . Are you trying to say  that new roads  should be redone after 20 years ?

Longcol is right I didn’t realise that had been down c 20 years.

it needs doing.

The re-surfacing work on Burton Road/Harvest Lane S3 and Church Street Oughtibridge is failing.  Also a few manhole covers subsiding and chunks missing from the tarmac on Penistone Road.

The bus stand outside Southey Library has developed permanent depressions due to the bus wheels, despite being repaired a few times. Can't they come up with a better method?

How many times over what is nearly a decade have Sheffielders heard that the agreement between SCC & Amey to resurface the city's roads would be done to a 5 year timescale? 

Well apparently we all heard wrong!  This from The Star:

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/politics/common-misperception-around-timescales-of-sheffield-council-resfuracing-works-as-part-of-ps22-billion-contract-52892

And yet go on Amey's website & the timescale appears to be nailed on:

https://www.amey.co.ukhttps//www.amey.co.uk/about-us/amey-in-your-area/north-east/sheffield-streets-ahead/

Wasn't it already a year behind schedule after the first year of the scheme?

Done alot of the city though to be fair

They have resurfaced my road about 5 times over the last 24 months, while they have been building a school....