Road resurfacing, Amey & Streets Ahead

Other than in legal fees taking residents to court to protect AMEY's profits :o

The Council, as the highway authority, are contractually obliged to put in place the conditions for Amey to carry out the contracted work.

If that means prosecuting anyone who obstructs the work, then it's part of the normal highway authority function, nothing to do with protecting anyone's profits.

The Council, as the highway authority, are contractually obliged to put in place the conditions for Amey to carry out the contracted work.

If that means prosecuting anyone who obstructs the work, then it's part of the normal highway authority function, nothing to do with protecting anyone's profits.

It could be argued that the protesters were trying to ensure AMEY did the job properly, and were trying to stop AMEY doing works outwith the contract (chopping down trees) to minimise the cost to them of fulfilling the contract- thereby protecting their profits. Anyway this has no doubt been done to death in other threads..

Resurfaced the pavements on our road Saturday 2days ahead of schedule. What a joke just put tar on top of what was already a uneven road. Surface With the extra height this is causing rain to gather around cellar crates any heavy rain will probably enter into properties. Some of water stoptap covers partially covered with tar. The pavements look a disgrace if I was employing them the bill would not be paid.

On 11/26/2018 at 6:49 PM, chris101 said:

Resurfaced the pavements on our road Saturday 2days ahead of schedule. What a joke just put tar on top of what was already a uneven road. Surface With the extra height this is causing rain to gather around cellar crates any heavy rain will probably enter into properties. Some of water stoptap covers partially covered with tar. The pavements look a disgrace if I was employing them the bill would not be paid.

I was talking to an Amey employee last night. He admitted the company was using substandard materials to resurface the pavements.

4 minutes ago, taxman said:

I was talking to an Amey employee last night. He admitted the company was using substandard materials to resurface the pavements.

Is it within the specs set out by the council though?

Well what they doing in Hillsborough is a Joke.

They are resurfacing a section of burngreave road today,  for the third time! They did if for the cycling a couple of years ago, then they did it again not long after even though there was nothing wrong with it.  Now they are doing it again for no reason what so ever! 

Guest makapaka
On 16/04/2019 at 11:27, Mikes10 said:

I don’t get why they’re resurfacing europa link - it’s not been there any length of time and the road seems fine.

what next derek Dooley way? 

Dont get it.

13 minutes ago, makapaka said:

I don’t get why they’re resurfacing europa link - it’s not been there any length of time and the road seems fine.

what next derek Dooley way? 

Dont get it.

I agree , it's a few years old , yet there's still roads in Sheffield that haven't been done in thirty years